• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is everything really meant to happen for a reason?

N

Nancourt

I hear it all the time. Everything happens for a reason. You're shitty childhood - it happened for a reason --} made you into who you are now. And all I can think is I'm not happy with who I am now. I don't even know who that is anymore. I am still trying to figure out the reason why I went through these two agonizing years. I don't really see a reason for it.
And they also say see the good in the bad. I don't know what good came out of those two years. It was all very very bad.
I experienced the worst rejection I've ever faced. I've experienced heart break, sadness, depression, the realisation that all my worst fears had finally come true. All of them had finally come true.
So yeah I don't know what the f#@k they're on about when they say that.
It was a waste of a life in my opinion and I hated every minute of being alive. It was pure misery.

Thanks life for providing what can only be described as an experiment gone wrong. And to only experience happiness one time in the span of 25 years and to experience it for two months, that's a tease not an experience, so thanks life once again.

Now that no one at all cares about me and it's proven, I don't care about myself either. I really don't care about anything anymore. I have it a chance and tried what the psychiatrist said and the therapist. And I never met anyone. Anyone at all. I was always alone. I pityself out there the way they suggested and once again I was rejected. Everything happens for a reason. The reason seems clear to me. Experience true joy with a beautiful girl then lose it and realise that nothing good will ever happen and really you should have never been born because life isn't worth living. And whoever tells you life is beautiful must be on some really heavy strong narcotics

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

I care about you and I'm sure everybody on this forum cares about you

OCDguy

OCDguy

I think if it were me, as difficult as it is I would learn what lessons I could from it, think what I could have done differently start to finish, even before the start, and then plan a course of action which will turn my life around...

N

Nancourt

I think if it were me, as difficult as it is I would learn what lessons I could from it, think what I could have done differently start to finish, even before the start, and then plan a course of action which will turn my life around...
You think I haven't thought about what I could have done differently start to finish. That's all I do think about 24/7 every single day. I'm a depressed self hating neurotic. You really think I haven't thought of only I did this or if only I didn't do that. Or why the hell did I do this. You think I've just been laying around, doing shit. I spent the past two years in agony and misery. Contemplating death every day as well and all the way I could go out quickly and efficiently with little to no mess. I fucking tried all their stupid pills and treatments for two years. No more pills no more treatment. I tried all their advice and tried to study for those stupid exams in that stupid course and I got nothing for it. I tried to be good to her I tried to do right by her as well helping her with her assignment and how to study for her exams. And I've tried to help other ppl in that course but one thing I realised is no body cares about that shit. No one cares when you try to help them. No one cares when you're nice to them no one cares. The girl, she msged s guy in my class, someone she barely knows and said congratulations happy for you. I never heard a peep in two years from her or anyone
You think I haven't thought about all the shit I've done wrong in my life all the shit I could've done differently I think about the different ways I could've opened the bedroom door in the morning let alone every major decision I've made. I've exhausted my brain thinking about what I could've done to prevent this shit from ever happening

N

Nancourt

I care about you and I'm sure everybody on this forum cares about you
Nobody cares about me. You don't even know me. I'm just a username here, that's all I am. I can tell you that no one in the world gives a shit about me dead alive it doesn't matter. Probably most wouldn't mind seeing me dead. One last human resource to worry about

OCDguy

OCDguy

What if you was to look at things from a quality of life perspective, and find ways to remove or change the things you do have control over, and look at things you can introduce and change to bring about positive change into your life :)

Cherub786

Cherub786

Nobody cares about me. You don't even know me. I'm just a username here, that's all I am. I can tell you that no one in the world gives a shit about me dead alive it doesn't matter. Probably most wouldn't mind seeing me dead. One last human resource to worry about
Believe me, fun and games gets boring after a while. Liquidate your personality and ascend to new dimensions. Just be careful about not falling into the spiral of drugs and alcohol. Other than that, prepare for a new world that is coming soon. Be part of some movement, something controversial, leave your mark. If you're own life is crap forget about you're own life and uplift someone else's life. Go out in the middle of the night and give money to the dispossessed on the street. Or clean the streets, do something that totally unexpected and lowly but it will lift you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Prycejosh1987

I didnt believe this at first, but everything has a purpose.

N

Nancourt

I didnt believe this at first, but everything has a purpose.
I still don't understand the point of my life. Some people die miserably and lonely with no one to care. To be honest I think about that a lot and wonder what was their purpose then, those poor souls and is the same thing going to happen to me. Am I going to end up lonely forever too? I ask that a lot. And I have such a cruel little voice in my head that tells me really hurtful things, things I always feared were true. So hurtful. It sendse into a panic and breakdown crying. The anxiety is real and the depression is so horrible. I am so anxious about so many things going wrong and yet I'm too tired and helpless to do anything anymorem it's such a draining feeling and the dread is often unbearable. I'm drowning drowning and suffocating. I have an actual pain in my chest, I feel it badly breaking through the skin almost and it's all in my head. I feel sick. And no matter what I try to not be lonely nothing works

P

Purpleplum

Does everything happen for a reason? Not exactly - there's free will. But we can learn something from everything we go through and that's the part that's important.

B

blue spark

I hear it all the time. Everything happens for a reason. You're shitty childhood - it happened for a reason --} made you into who you are now. And all I can think is I'm not happy with who I am now. I don't even know who that is anymore. I am still trying to figure out the reason why I went through these two agonizing years. I don't really see a reason for it.
And they also say see the good in the bad. I don't know what good came out of those two years. It was all very very bad.
I experienced the worst rejection I've ever faced. I've experienced heart break, sadness, depression, the realisation that all my worst fears had finally come true. All of them had finally come true.
So yeah I don't know what the f#@k they're on about when they say that.
It was a waste of a life in my opinion and I hated every minute of being alive. It was pure misery.

Thanks life for providing what can only be described as an experiment gone wrong. And to only experience happiness one time in the span of 25 years and to experience it for two months, that's a tease not an experience, so thanks life once again.

Now that no one at all cares about me and it's proven, I don't care about myself either. I really don't care about anything anymore. I have it a chance and tried what the psychiatrist said and the therapist. And I never met anyone. Anyone at all. I was always alone. I pityself out there the way they suggested and once again I was rejected. Everything happens for a reason. The reason seems clear to me. Experience true joy with a beautiful girl then lose it and realise that nothing good will ever happen and really you should have never been born because life isn't worth living. And whoever tells you life is beautiful must be on some really heavy strong narcotics
Things just happen,not for a reason.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I think a lot of what happens is senseless and happens for meaningless reasons. There is a cause and an effect but little actual meaning there. People desire to assign meaning to things because it gives them a sense of purpose and security but really there is actually no meaning there.

MarieRose

MarieRose

I have suffered mental illness since young aged 24,I am middle aged now.People I looked up to bullied me and set me up for a fall and other physical ailments caused me psychosis.I lived a nightmare,have never really had friends or boyfriends.Sometimes I think my life is wasted,I live alone and deep down despite having family I don't think anyone cares if I live or die.The psychosis was really hard a miserable,nasty experience and the suicidal feelings before they gave me ECT were unbearable.Still I aim to achieve in my life,if its not too late I want a relationship.I want to use my experience of mental illness to become a therapist so I start part time college in September.I also want to write and sell novels.Sometimes I feel like I just exist and the government that pays my benefits might just view me as a useless eater,but a lot of my experiences even though I am alone have a quality of life and a purpose to them.I mean it depends on how you view it,you can see the glass as half full or half empty.Many people who are my age have had the marriage and family and it's not been as they hoped and they feel they wasted their lives,so it isn't about nobody caring cos your are alone,some people are surrounded by others who are supposed to love them and still feel lonely and neglected.

I think mainly nancome the feelings you describe are symptoms of depression and you have a broken heart and are pining for lost love,I've been through this and I did feel like my existence was meaningless and that my life wasn't worth much,that no one liked me and I didn't like myself.I couldn't see that the person I wanted to love me was shallow and nasty and had been malicious towards me,I couldn't see that I was a good person that cared about people and animals and the world,the state of the earth.I am still trying to work through my faults.It will all come together and you can get through the nightmare experiences and get to a place where life is enjoyable and worth going on with.It's just that we get groundhog days with this illness where we can't see the point or envisage a future.

K

Keesha

Yes I believe everything happens for a reason which isn’t the same as the idea that destiny is set in stone. We have choice or free will

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

To be honest I don't like the saying "everything happens for a reason." I mean bad things that happen to people shouldn't be for a good reason. I don't personally believe in this saying.