• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Is BPD really a disorder?

R

RedXXSouth

I see the mistakes in the way I have handled relationships in the past and even currently. But those are truthfully just reactions to an apathetic world. Society is constantly trying to convince me that my kind of love is toxic but I think that is an oversimplification if not blatantly wrong. Shouldn't everyone care this much? Is putting yourself first always really more so important rather than putting the person you love first? I am wrong to get angry when I am disregarded by the person I would never disregard?

What makes the complacency of regular relationships better than the passionate and uncompromising love I give?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:
Is there something in between?

R

RedXXSouth

:welcome:
Is there something in between?
I dont know if there is truly anything viable in between. Because of the instant gratification and attention provided by social media and instant access people have become intensely self centered and relationships have become very fragile. If you do not give your utmost respect and attention to a relationship it will deteriorate. At least in my experience.

lisa_wa

lisa_wa

I learned a long time ago you can't make someone want to be with you. I also learned that one person isn't worth all that pain. They just aren't.

R

RedXXSouth

I learned a long time ago you can't make someone want to be with you. I also learned that one person isn't worth all that pain. They just aren't.
I get that but what if they are for you? What if someone wants you but use your love against you?

lisa_wa

lisa_wa

I get that but what if they are for you? What if someone wants you but use your love against you?
That's still not healthy. I had an ex I thought was for me. He was so funny, he was so cute and talked about me behind my back. Said awful things to other people and my friends about me. I left him. He was so unhealthy for me. He didn't really like me, if he had he wouldn't have said mean things behind my back. Tell me you want to be with me and knife me in the back.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M My diadnosis has ben chnged from Bipolar disorder to BPD I am really distressed) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
soulsearcher saw this and it really made me think about myself and other bpd sufferers Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
T Bpd outburst last night really bad and now I feel terrible Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 26
P Was she really BPD ? or narcissist ? (long painful story) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
S Really need support. Suspect my 15yr old has BPD. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
O BPD really need some help coping Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
ellieindy Diagnosed with other problems, but I really think it's BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M BPD and relationships - advice really needed!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Ex Girlfriend having a really tough time with BPD/EUPD - help please! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
D BPD advice desperately needed: Can anyone give me insight to cope and understand? Will really appreciate it. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
J Why do people with BPD push people away? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B BPD coping strategies for dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
T I’m struggling with boyfriends BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
H Trauma and BPD, is there a connection? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 28
237BPDGoth For the other mother's with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B I need your help.. living with someone with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Disability SS for BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J How to tell mum I think she has BPD and how to support her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J BPD Breakup Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
CharlotteAnne BPD Got Me In Trouble Again Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G People say that you’re fine fine you don’t have bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
T wondering if i have bpd ? (Long post sorry) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
3 Misdiagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T Worrying Ive been misdiagnosed. Has anyone been diagnosed with depression and a long time later been diagnosed with BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia can you be manic with bpd? x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Struggling with meds and bpd. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
AppleJacks88 BPD and possible OCD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Louizard Being childish (except it's BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
P Private BPD/EUPD assessment (UK) any advice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
W BPD - A Patriarchal Diagnosis? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Viltato BPD and new relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
L Bpd and Need a out love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
L Depression and bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
C I think I may have BPD (tw) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
OneDayAtATime156 Breaking Cycles/Two people with BPD Dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
P NHS BPD assessment gone wrong (?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
L BPD is so dam hard Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
J Tired of generalizations about BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
DyingAngel Is this part of my BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Signofthetimes BPD and strengths 💖 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
A husband was diagnosed with BPD but new therapist says he doesn't have it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Louizard I discovered I was diagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Does it sound like bpd? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Rylinguist Bpd is ruining my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G Bpd and relationship advice Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G Songs that make you think of BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
D 28, Feel like I will never recover from BPD, how did you recover? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
S Relationships when havig BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Catsworth I worry I have BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2