• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is Anyone Up?

M

Meaghan

I can’t stop shaking, and my brain’s anxious thoughts don’t go away... HELP 8
I was looking forward to getting a good nights sleep tonight and now I’m not :(

J

Jolly

It is morning here meaghan. Can I help in anyway. You sound in a terrible way xx

M

Meaghan

It is morning here meaghan. Can I help in anyway. You sound in a terrible way xx
I drank this afternoon, well now yesterday afternoon, it’s been 5-7 hours since I drank and I’ve been totally fine all day and had lots of water. It wasn’t til I was going to bed around 1 that I got horrible anxiety and it won’t go away. I’m nervous about the alcohol even though it was so long ago. I’m so mad at myself.

J

Jolly

Don’t be mad at yourself. Be kind. It is just a slip up. Be kind to yourself. I don’t drink and still get bad GAD. Is there anything on television that you can get interested in to calm you down. It is such a debilitating condition. Take some deep breaths and I am here for you until you feel a little better xx

M

Meaghan

I’m just getting worse I get so nervous it might happen, but there is no reason too, it’s just my anxiety is so powerful.
I have diazepam, but it makes me feel depressed the next day so I am hesitant to take it.

M

Meaghan

Don’t be mad at yourself. Be kind. It is just a slip up. Be kind to yourself. I don’t drink and still get bad GAD. Is there anything on television that you can get interested in to calm you down. It is such a debilitating condition. Take some deep breaths and I am here for you until you feel a little better xx
that’s what I’m trying to do now. I just need the reassurance that I’m going to be okay and it’s just anxiety and there’s no reason I would need to be s*^%

J

Jolly

It is just anxiety. I take 2 mg diazepam and sometimes settles me. I have just taken 1mg as mine is high. I suffer also ventricular ectopics and from vestibular disorder so if anxiety high they are worse. I also take magnesium to calm the ectopics. Try and be kind to yourself. I am listening to you and I am here. Have you tried mindfulness. It is hard when anxiety is high as you think nothing will bring it down. Just keep talking to me and I will try and help as much as I can xx

M

Meaghan

It is just anxiety. I take 2 mg diazepam and sometimes settles me. I have just taken 1mg as mine is high. I suffer also ventricular ectopics and from vestibular disorder so if anxiety high they are worse. I also take magnesium to calm the ectopics. Try and be kind to yourself. I am listening to you and I am here. Have you tried mindfulness. It is hard when anxiety is high as you think nothing will bring it down. Just keep talking to me and I will try and help as much as I can xx
Thank you. It definitely helps to talk to someone. I try but there’s so many bad thoughts going through my head and they won’t stop. I took some diazepam so hopefully that will help.
My show on the TV isn’t even a good enough distraction.

J

Jolly

Just keep talking. What is your favourite animal. I love all animals and have two dogs. But my favourite is hananya from monkey world in Dorset. I think of him a lot and follow his progress on tv.

M

Meaghan

Oh that’s awesome! Monkeys are definitely fascinating. I love baby ducks, and I have a horse so I love horses. I kinda like all animals. Do you have a favorite type of scenery? Or weather? Like dessert and summer or winter and Mountain View’s etc.

J

Jolly

We don’t have mountains where we live. I think summer but the UK can be unpredictable. A horse wow. I would have loved to have learned to ride. Do you ride him/her. Do they take a lot of looking after. My friend who lives an hour away rescued two a small one and a shire horse. My hubby is very nervous of them. Baby ducks are gorgeous. We did go to the park before lockdown and feed them. My dogs are old now.

J

Jolly

My hubby has a lot of hobbies. I don’t really have any apart from suduko. He collects all sorts. We have koi fish, 1000 glass baubles for the Christmas tree, he also collects stamps and a number of other things. It is never ending.

J

Jolly

Find the gold watch. It is not real he bought it for £5. He has been collecting these for over 30 years. What do you think 🤔

M

Meaghan

Find the gold watch. It is not real he bought it for £5. He has been collecting these for over 30 years. What do you think 🤔
Those are my favorite type of ornaments wow that’s so cool. Mine likes to collect old cars and trucks if he can fine good deals on them and repair them.
I like the summer in the valley but sometimes winter and seeing snow is a nice break.

my horse is a be, 22 years young. All my animals are black and white it’s kinda funny. My dog, cat and horse are only those colors. It’s not much maintenance because our family owns a boarding facility and they do full care. I haven’t gotten to ride in several months though. I unfortunately just had surgery last week so due to the pain I haven’t been able to