• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Is anyone on clopixol depot?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Anyone had any experience with clopixol depot?

fazza

fazza

Yes I have. It was OK I had a little bit of akathisia which was treated with procyclidine. The biggest problem was the sedation. I was sleeping all of the time.

With regards to effectiveness for me it did quieten down the voices but not enough. I eventually maxed out on the dose and then switched drug.

As with all meds. What works for me might work better for you. Good luck.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Yes I have. It was OK I had a little bit of akathisia which was treated with procyclidine. The biggest problem was the sedation. I was sleeping all of the time.

With regards to effectiveness for me it did quieten down the voices but not enough. I eventually maxed out on the dose and then switched drug.

As with all meds. What works for me might work better for you. Good luck.
How much dosage were you on?

Which med did you switch too?

fazza

fazza

500mg fortnightly I think. The switched to haloperidol depot then clozapine.

I could be wrong with the dosage for clopixol. I am pretty sure it was 500mg and it was every 2 weeks.

I was on depixol depot first. Then risperidone consta depot then clopixol depot then haloperidol depot.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

500mg fortnightly I think. The switched to haloperidol depot then clozapine.

I could be wrong with the dosage for clopixol. I am pretty sure it was 500mg and it was every 2 weeks.

I was on depixol depot first. Then risperidone consta depot then clopixol depot then haloperidol depot.
Cool thanks for sharing your experiences mate

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Anyone else?