• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Is anyone knowledgeable about camping?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I want to apply camping knowledge for a new life I am transitioning into (simplicity, living with less, not depending on stuff at the grocery store, luxuries etc), and wouldn't mind learning from someone about this stuff.

I want to for example know how to make a natural lather maybe from leaves instead of buying hand soap. Maybe something to clean my hair with as well. I'm in the process of practicing cooking meat on a stone or something and making my own fire.

If you know anything can you share this knowledge as this simple life is helping me with my health a lot.

Thanks

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I posted it in this section of the forum because I thought it most suitable. I find it has a huge link with better mental health/wellbeing personally.

J

JuniperLee

I moved into an RV trailer to help with my agoraphobia. Can’t leave home, so I might as well travel with it, right? :D I don’t use shampoo, I use honey and oranges with a bit of essential oils. I also recently starting shaving my head to reduce uses (I have send somebody to the store for oranges). As for hand soap, I use all natural homemade soap. No stores, I have supplies on hand to last awhile. Works well for body wash too. I do all my cooking/eating outside by the fire, I have a grill bar that sits overtop of it so it can be used for cooking. There are soooo many youtube videos showing you how to be offgrid! It really has improved my mental health a lot!

Zero One

Zero One

Oh gosh I apologize in advance but my memory is bad...I can't remember if I heard this in another language but there is a plant that you just mix with water and it makes soap...I think it is called either soap root or jabón root

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Thank you to you both, it is very much appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Wellbeing 1