• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Is anyone else obsessed with dates, times, and numbers?

jacquelinx

jacquelinx

Like wanting to know specifically when things happened, how long each of your relationships last, when your trauma happened and when you met people and how long you’ve known them? I prioritize knowing those things because somehow I look at it as progress. Or I’m afraid I’ll forget them or jumble up my memories. I attach myself to lots of maybe unsavory memories because to forget them might mean forgetting the lesson I learned as well, and I’d hate to repeat the same mistakes. I also like to look back and see where I’ve improved.

N

Nukelavee

Yup. I feel like I navigate my memories by using bad ones as landmarks, because those dates are kinda burned into my memory.

Hello513

Hello513

Like wanting to know specifically when things happened, how long each of your relationships last, when your trauma happened and when you met people and how long you’ve known them? I prioritize knowing those things because somehow I look at it as progress. Or I’m afraid I’ll forget them or jumble up my memories. I attach myself to lots of maybe unsavory memories because to forget them might mean forgetting the lesson I learned as well, and I’d hate to repeat the same mistakes. I also like to look back and see where I’ve improved.
While I cannot say I am obssesed I frequently look back at past events in search of triggers for my episodes to put a stop to them before they start based off the advice of a psychologist.

D

Deleted member 95745

Yes I do this, too. I used to be so obsessed with a number and a certain date that I thought I would always have to hurt myself in that exact month. I felt some kind of connection to it. These days it isn't so bad, but the thought is still there.

D

DD040894

I have problem with numbers. When I get into my bad state I can't feel any normal emotion, just numbers are in my head. Even if I listen to music, somehow in my head will only be questions like "Which artist has been sung the most? How many popular songs that artist has?..." And so on, it can last for hours..

Z

Zaz3

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm at the opposite side. I can't remember dates or times and when I look back over the years I have no idea when things happened.