• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Is anybody else still on dla

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Im still on dla and have been for 15 years approx. Ive never been called in for a reassessment. Everyone i know is now on pip. I wondered if it was because im 66 and a pensioner. Yet my sister is 3 years older and she wss reassessed last year. I dont know 2hether to phone them or just leave it till i hear from them

N

natalie

Hi, Daffy,

I am on former DLA, however, a couple of years or so, it has been name changed to PIP, Personal Independant Payment, I think it stands for, I'm sure someone will recorrect me if I'm wrong, so yes, I am still getting what used to be DLA, I'm 47.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

I'm also still getting DLA and mine hasn't changed over yet. Hopefully Brexit will slow things down a little I'm dreading when I get that brown envelope about when my DLA ends and that I have to be assessed for PIP which I might not get if I get no support or legal advice.

W

*winofunk*

Hello daffy. Good evening.

As I understand it, it is only if someone in receipt of DLA was 65 or over on 8 April 2013 that they will remain on DLA.

Everyone else aged 16 and over will, at some time, be invited to claim PIP.

When that is, I have no idea. It might be that you are invited to claim PIP before your current award comes to an end, if you were awarded it for a fixed period. If you had a lifetime award, it will happen when the DWP get round to reviewing your claim. It is impossible to say when that will be.

It is the case that a large number of staff have been reassigned to review previous decisions on PIP following the DWP losing cases in the High Court. So that may delay them transferring people to PIP.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi winofunk. I don’t fall into the category I was 60 in 2013 but think I must have had a lifetime award as i was never up for review. I’m dreading the letter coming as I don’t know how I’d manage without the dla payment and I keep hearing how hard it is to get now

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my ex was transferred as her cpn was off sick she went to the interview by herself they rejected her, she's now got a new cpn who went with her to appeal and it was an automatic pass

not only have they stopped the dla they've cut the disability element of her esa, she's now waiting for the money to come through she's phoned up they said it could take 4 weeks, what she's supposed to live on

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

When you get PIP it isn't for life or a lifetime benefit... you get reassessed every 2 years but sometimes there is a backlog so you get a little more time before the next assessment.

I'm dreading my change over from DLA I don't think I will get PIP so I'm going to prepare for the worse.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t think I could cope with the stress of going thru it every two years. I must have been lucky not being reasessed in 15 years. I’ve been discharged by my p/doc and have been seeing a CPN for the last year but now that has stopped. But with the option that I can ring her at any time thru my gp and get an appointment. Hopefully she would write a letter for me if I asked.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
whether if you do contact that cpn when you need her her reply will be your case is closed and she'll refuse to help, it's happened to me with a support worker, he closed my case saying my main concern was benefits and if i got a form they'd deal with it, when i got that first esa50 i phoned to be told they'd closed my case

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

whether if you do contact that cpn when you need her her reply will be your case is closed and she'll refuse to help, it's happened to me with a support worker, he closed my case saying my main concern was benefits and if i got a form they'd deal with it, when i got that first esa50 i phoned to be told they'd closed my case
I had that happen to me one time... I got completely cut off from my disability services that I've been with for a long time. I had to go to a review meeting where I met this horrible woman with a nasty attitude who even said to me that I shouldn't be on benefits and that I'm lazy. My support worker at the time said I should make a complaint as he went witnessed it as well. A few weeks later I get called in to attend a meeting at a center to be told that my support has been dropped and that I've been removed from there books. They said it was due to funding cuts... yeah right that nasty woman took me of there books because I was supposed to get a letter about it which I never did and I asked for them to send another and I still didn't receive it. I heard a bit later that, that nasty woman wrote saying that I said I wanted to be independent and that I didn't need any support :mad:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i remember one support worker got really nasty after seeing this new psychiatrist with me who talked about working

i thought he'd been appointed by a group of nhs mandarins themselves appointed under top bottom reorganisation of the nhs because of his going along with the goverment back to work scheme

maybe i could have worked whan i was younger but as that psychiatrist said perceived wisdom was that schitzoprenics shouldn't work in those days, now i'm old and it's harder to handle disability when your older, the drugs should be cut in the elderly, when i brought it up with the gp she didn't say anything, with the amount i'm worrying it's tempting to increase them if anything, make me tired

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

i remember one support worker got really nasty after seeing this new psychiatrist with me who talked about working
i thought he'd been appointed by a group of nhs mandarins themselves appointed under top bottom reorganisation of the nhs because of his going along with the goverment back to work scheme
maybe i could have worked whan i was younger but as that psychiatrist said perceived wisdom was that schitzoprenics shouldn't work in those days, now i'm old and it's harder to handle disability when your older, the drugs should be cut in the elderly, when i brought it up with the gp she didn't say anything, with the amount i'm worrying it's tempting to increase them if anything, make me tired

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just to say it was a psychiatrist under new labour they started the ball rolling and i've never forgotton, the torys may have been more extreme though and less caring

there are advantages certain people who used to be patronising if they're so fit they can get a job

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Blair and Brown were Tories in Labour clothing but we were lucky the Tories didn't win the 2005 election otherwise we would be in a bigger mess.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
who i vote for in my area is immaterial we're solidly labour, sarah teather got in as a liberal but she was a popular constituency mp, i voted for her after hearing how she helped my ex who was been abused by men

notice in my moms old tory area what labour and the torys claimed to stand for in the election leaflets was different from what they claim to stand for in labour brent