Is adoption and BPD linked?

bullybeef

bullybeef

Hi'
I am an adoptee and was brought up in a sterile,
unloving family. My mother was very narcissistic and I think apart from the trauma of separation from my birth mother at 7 mths and a year in banados my early childhood was "normal" .
I believe the trouble started when I first attended school. This would be when the separation anxiety kicked in and also the wrath of my adoptive mother who having had her darling child to show off became a different person.
I simply did not meet her expectations in school and in her opinion became an embarrasment to her. Thereafter a life of putdowns began, amongst other things.
This I believe, supplied the building blocks for BPD.

I have looked into adoption and personality disorders (BPD in particular).The findings show there is a link.
I am wondering if anyone else out there has any experiences with adoption issues that has caused their past or present suffering?

Last edited:
maxitab

maxitab

TRIGGERS!!!!

No but my mum used a knitting needle she was so pleased to be pregnant with me, so I have had years and years of invalidation and disdain.......

dib4uk

dib4uk

for me listening to your statement, its more important how your mother either foster mother or adoptive mother treated you rather than being adopted- if that makes sense? Everything else you said make sense to me.

Andrewbpd

Andrewbpd

it can be linked, even parental seperation can be linked. it is usualy the insabilaty of a family unit.