Irrational fear of Carbon Monoxide?!

R

Rp123

So I heard so many horror stories about people dying in their sleep from Carbon Monoxide poisoning that I now have a Carbon Monoxide alarm and fire alarm in my room. But it makes it so tough when I’m staying away from home! For example tomorrow night I’m staying at this guy’s house and we’ve been dating just over a month now but I’m already scared coz it’s like do I bring the alarm and explain to him I’m a bit nuts...Or do I like hide it in my bag so it can be there but he won’t know. But then obviously there’s the fear that it might just go off and it’ll be loud and I’d have to explain anyway 😵 it’s so exhausting worrying about things no one else seems to worry about.

G

gam9147

I think whatever your more comfortable with. I always think honesty is the best policy. I'm guessing you haven't shared with him yet that you have anxieties? Maybe start with a general explanation of anxiety disorders. I'm guessing you'd probably feel better having him know than not know and excite more anxieties.

Obviously stay away from the news as much as possible during times like these!

R

Rp123

I think whatever your more comfortable with. I always think honesty is the best policy. I'm guessing you haven't shared with him yet that you have anxieties? Maybe start with a general explanation of anxiety disorders. I'm guessing you'd probably feel better having him know than not know and excite more anxieties.

Obviously stay away from the news as much as possible during times like these!
Thank you! I agree it’s definitely best to just be honest

G

gam9147

Let me know how it goes. I hope, and would have faith that most folks who care about you will respond to your explanation with caring and love and perhaps concern rather than rejection.