• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ironic

jax

jax

Would you believe that I am back with the crisis team (Home treatment team) after complaining about them? I have not been sleeping well - having a lot of all nighters and then when I do sleep - waking early or not falling asleep till late. I had a really good sleep last night after being up the entire night on Friday. I feel very drugged for some reason. I am so relieved that I slept though.

Unfortunately I am high again. It happened so quickly. I saw my GP yesterday and then my CPN came. I was speaking so fast that I was gasping for air. I also felt extremely agitated and anxious. My CPN then rang the crisis team (Home treatment team). They arrived and said I was extremely high. They are coming to see me over the weekend and said that if I am still like this on Monday that I will have to be hospitalized!!! I am so worried. I don't want to go into hospital. I know that I am ill and I am frightened - but I just can't go into hospital. I feel so high that I am uncomfortable. I feel totally exhausted yet I am elated. Horrible. Ihave been so hungry all the time. I mean a starvation feeling. They said it was hunger because I am doing so much. I also am having difficult swallowing. I have to have a drink by my side at all time as I panic and think I am not going to be able to swallow. Crisis team said that was anxiety. I am praying I don't go into hospital.

S

*Sapphire*

Try to keep yourself safe Jax, and look after yourself. Make sure you are with some friends or family if you can.

I don't suffer with highs but when I get low I find grounding tools help. Just things that I can touch and see that bring me back to reality and my mind back inside my own body (if that makes sense).

It might be worth setting an alarm for meal times and meds (if you take them) so you can remember to eat and take them to keep your energy levels at a constant rather than in peaks or troughs, it may help to stabilise your mood if only a little bit. :hug:

emski

emski

Hi Jax. As Sapphire says - keep yourself safe. I can understand what you are going through, and the anxiety and agitation makes it all the more uncomfortable.

I am finding iced drinks, ice lollies, and really cold refridgerated fruit flavoured jelly are really good for the swallowing problem right now - it's awful feeling that panic that you will not swallow, but be assured it is a natural reflex and will happen. I've found mints to be really good, especially those little Extra mints as they don't require much sucking and are quite mentholly and make your throat feel more open. I've not tried chewing gum, but that might be helpful since it produces more saliva and will keep your mouth moist and prompt the natural swallow reflex.

I hope things begin to settle over the weekend :hug: :hug:

S

shell

Hi

You have given me good support in the past I just wanted to say I'm really sorry your feeling bad. I have just been diagnosed and you were brilliant last year at giving me advice. Just wanted to send you a big hug :hug: Hope u feel better real soon :flowers:

T

TOONAFISH

Hi Jax

Sorry to here your not so good. You don't deserve this. I know you are saying you don't want to go into hospital, and I understand, but maybe it would take some of the pressure off you. You will get help with meals, reminders for medication, and extra meds if you need them. And people to talk to.

Anyway sending a massive hug. Thinking of you.

lots of love nikki

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hugs from me too Jax.
KP:hug:

jax

jax

Thanks so much for the support everyone. I am feeling a little more settled tonight. I have kept really busy. The home treatment team were out today. It went well. They said that I appeared agitated. I did feel agitated. Couldn't settle. I had mentioned the fact that I have a complaint pending about the home treatment team and the girl said that she knew. So it must be common knowledge in the team. Not sure why though. Someone is coming out tomorrow too.
Thanks again.
Jacqui x

emski

emski

Hope you can stay a bit more settled until they come again tomorrow. Have you got someone with you or close by you can call on if you need to :hug: