• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

involuntary shouting out

R

rincy

hope i'm in the forum for this, if not please moderate.

i've had depression for past ten years where i was originally treated at first with meds for several years then counselling and CT. currently not seeing anyone or taking any meds (although i can still request help if needed). still have ups and downs but i think i've learnt to deal with that part.
my current problem is that especially when i'm alone in the house, i tend to shout out words, some not very nice. this tends to happen when i think back to an event such as a conversation or something i did in other peoples company, recently or long in the past. i just started voluntary work which involves attending social events mainly for fund raising and when i come home afterwards i keep thinking back at conversations or things i did while i was there and keep shouting out repeatedly.
this is becoming a bit of a problem as my wife is getting annoyed because i have been waking up in the early ours and doing it which in turn wakes her up.
i tried mentioning this to doctors and other professionals in the past but they seem to be dismissive about this. the only time that a doctor gave me answer about it, she said that it was some kind of anger built up inside me.
i was wondering if anyone else suffers from this, if there is any treatment or even any advice.
thanks

N

nstanh

Me Too!!

I do exactly the same thing so you are not alone :p