• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

intrusive thoughts

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

Can someone give me an example of an intrusive thought.

jajingna

jajingna

Thoughts of harming another, or being harmed, are common ones.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Repetitive, persistent thoughts that interfere with your typical mental processes or cognition: something terrible is going to happen. I'm a bad person. People are watching me.

N

natalie

I think that intrusive thouights crosses over, or overlaps, with paranoia.

jajingna

jajingna

You can look this up on google too, "examples of intrusive thoughts" .. I don't really suffer from those but I do obsess over old memories. It says those thoughts mostly go with OCD, but I think schizophrenics have them too.

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

You can look this up on google too, "examples of intrusive thoughts" .. I don't really suffer from those but I do obsess over old memories. It says those thoughts mostly go with OCD, but I think schizophrenics have them too.
Okay thank you. Ive looked it up before but i wanted to come on here to see if i could get some more insight.

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

If anybody wants to dm about this feel free to message me. I know this topic is persnal

W

WH433

My Doctor asked me if I had any voices, I said only inside ones left. Same voices, saying the same type of stuff, but inside my head , not external like an hallucination. She said oh so intrusive thoughts.

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

My Doctor asked me if I had any voices, I said only inside ones left. Same voices, saying the same type of stuff, but inside my head , not external like an hallucination. She said oh so intrusive thoughts.
Ohhh wow. Yea that makes sense

EarthChild

EarthChild

I get these intrusive thoughts but they're inserted thoughts not mine but from the evil spirit living in my head

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
intrusive thoughts are i think related to OCD. I have them and doctor wants me on Zoloft for OCD/intrusive thoughts. I ruminate a lot and have intrusive thoughts regarding embarrassing moments from the past.