• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Intrusive thoughts

Y

Yumiko

So for a long time I've been having these thoughts of cursing people in my head and it feels like I'm going crazy in my own mind.
It's a torture, these thoughts also target the people I love( my family, my friends). Most of the time I feel guilty and I'm scared that something bad might happen to them because of these thoughts 😢.
I also have thoughts about cursing God. I need to mention that I have a great fear of hell, because of a video I saw a long time ago.
These thoughts are killing me and I don't know what to do get rid of them ☹

M

MouthyOne

Do you mean cursing people by swearing at them in your head?

Thoughts come and go, do you have anger towards certain people or are you just angry at the world at the moment?

Welcome to the forum :)

N

natalie

I would advise you to book, to phone your General Doctor's practice, for a telephone call appointment, explain to them like you have done here, hopefully you will be referred to a physchartrist, who will assess you further, and get investigation checks, done, and hopefully write up suitable medication. You need mental medical help urgently.

Y

Yumiko

Do you mean cursing people by swearing at them in your head?

Thoughts come and go, do you have anger towards certain people or are you just angry at the world at the moment?

Welcome to the forum :)
Worse than swearing, they are thoughts like' I curse you to die' . It really scares me , these evil thoughts make me think I'm a monster.

M

MouthyOne

Thoughts are just that, thoughts. It could be a sign of where you are at in life.

I sense that you are not angry with the people you mention. Anger is perfectly normal emotion and maybe a book focused on anger would help.

Distracting yourself when you have these thoughts with meditation or writing down your instrusive thoughts can move them from the brain onto paper instead. Just do not let anyone see them :)

M

MouthyOne

I say anger as I believe this is anger expressed in thought form. Others can use anger in other ways by swearing, picking arguments or fighting with people.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Yumiko. Welcome to the forum. Intrusive thoughts are very distressing. I am sorry you feel guilt because you are not thinking the thoughts on purpose. They are thoughts not actions and nothing bad is going to happen to you for thinking them. I agree with Natalie. You can get treatment for intrusive thoughts. Please do not suffer alone.

Y

Yumiko

It's true that when I've tried meditating before, the thoughts reduced, but I still don't know how to get over the guilt and the anxiety that those thoughts might directly affect those around me.

Y

Yumiko

I say anger as I believe this is anger expressed in thought form. Others can use anger in other ways by swearing, picking arguments or fighting with people.
There's a possibilty. I'm the type of person who internalizes emotions instead of expressing them. When someone hurts me, I never really get to express my feelings.

M

MouthyOne

I understand that and many people do this.

Internalising could be turning the anger inwards and you are having internal dialogue by cursing others. This is not a helpful way to show anger and will hurt you.

In my situation working out helps a lot, even a walk and fresh air.

For about 3 weeks my thoughts have been very intrusive as I have spent more time in bed going over times in the past few months where I have taken my anger out on others. I feel awful and embarrassed about that however I can't do anything about that now.

If you put more distractions in place your mind will catch up. Keep going and seek help if you feel you need it.

Y

Yumiko

Hello Yumiko. Welcome to the forum. Intrusive thoughts are very distressing. I am sorry you feel guilt because you are not thinking the thoughts on purpose. They are thoughts not actions and nothing bad is going to
I understand that and many people do this.

Internalising could be turning the anger inwards and you are having internal dialogue by cursing others. This is not a helpful way to show anger and will hurt you.

In my situation working out helps a lot, even a walk and fresh air.

For about 3 weeks my thoughts have been very intrusive as I have spent more time in bed going over times in the past few months where I have taken my anger out on others. I feel awful and embarrassed about that however I can't do anything about that now.

If you put more distractions in place your mind will catch up. Keep going and seek help if you feel you need it.
Considering that it might be related to anger makes me feel even more scared that something bad might happen. The thoughts came into my mind right after watching that specific video. And my religion also teaches us that these type of thoughts I'm experiencing might become reality and cause harm to people.

M

MouthyOne

Religion is very powerful. I do not believe you can cause harm to people with thoughts only.

I am non-religious however am very interested in this as I would like to understand more.