• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Intrusive thoughts

G

Gredge23

My daughter on fire or dying in general , my ex partners I still loved havin the best sex of there lives , having thought if I don't kill a caterpillar my family will die , thoughts of me with another man even tho I'm not homosexual , and other images I can not say

K

KeepWalking

I am not sure if mine are intrusive as not sure what the definition of that is but my head never stops only time it stops is when im asleep ?

S

Strugglingdaily

Spiders will kill me, I will kill loved ones, husband cheating, I'm cheating, will be attacked by monster, will be raped, someone hiding in my car, I will fall while being chased, infested by insects, basicly anything that scares me.

S

Strugglingdaily

Like I'm fine then all of the sudden this scary shit pops in my head

K

Keetdaheat

My intrusive thoughts take the form of some friends or people I've met, and who either need help or believe that I am some sort of evil mastermind and are plotting against my 'empire'. Other times, when I am out and about they take the form of telepathic messages from people I just see walking down the street, it's like a brinkmanship to think something first so I always try to keep it positive.

G

Gredge23

Hope this helps

Steps for coping with Intrusive Thoughts
Label these thoughts as "intrusive obsessive thoughts."
Remind yourself that these thoughts are automatic and you can safely ignore them.
Accept and allow the thoughts into your mind. Do not try to push them away.
Breathe diaphragmatically until your anxiety starts to go down.
Continue whatever you were doing prior to the intrusive thought.
Try Not To:
Engage the thoughts in any way.
Push the thoughts out of your mind.
Try to figure out what your thoughts "mean."
Convince yourself that you would never do what the thoughts are saying.
Change your behavior so that you avoid the possibility of acting on your thoughts.
Try to:
Label your anxiety level and watch it go up and down.
Allow the thoughts to remain without hindrance. (They will go away on their own).
Focus on managing your anxiety in the present. Diaphragmatic breathing is especially helpful.