• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Intrusive thoughts or voices

B

Beckib

I am starting to have thoughts or are they voices I don't know. They feel like they are not my thoughts but being put in my head. It's like someone is talking to me and I can't make them stop even when I'm doing something they come into my head without me thinking. Its about work, neighbours, people, all that they are spying on me or don't like me and that I can't do my work. I'm trying to distract myself and don't want to take a prn but it's getting hard

N

natalie

HI Beckib,

I understand you don't wish for it, however medication might well be the best route for you.

Have you tried listening to music at all, music in its many powerful forms, can help to reduce the amount of voices, and prevent them flaring in the first place.

I would book a n appointment for your GP, and seek a referral.

I wish you hopefully well.

EarthChild

EarthChild

I also get inserted thoughts in my head. Alien the evil spirit in my head puts them there and it often leads to insulting and threatening voices but not always.