• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Intrusive Thoughts Made Verbal

E

Emnem

A coworker who’s over me told my boss that I said, “You’re not the boss of me; I don’t have to listen to you.” I don’t remember saying that at all, so I denied it. My boss asked a bunch of people independently and they all gave accounts of me saying it. Today, I got written up for the 1st time ever because he thinks I was lying when he confronted me about it. I seriously didn’t know I had said it and I don’t even think that way at all. However, I struggle with intrusive thoughts, so I probably just verbalized them while on my phone, not paying attentions. Now I don’t know what to do: I’m already in a bad place because I didn’t get a certification on time and now my reputation is ruined. I tried explaining that I really don’t know what happened and I think it’s due to trauma and OCD, but I think he now either thinks I’m crazy or doesn’t believe me. It hurts because he really liked me before. And now my coworkers think less of me. One even unfriended me. Help….I’m SOOOO upset. I don’t know who to talk to without them thinking I’m crazy

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Well, we don't think you're crazy. It sounds like you just made an honest mistake.

E

Emnem

Well, we don't think you're crazy. It sounds like you just made an honest mistake.
Thanks. I just feel so embarrassed that I don’t even want to show my face around work anymore. And I’m so worried it’ll happen again. How do I explain what happened to the person I said it to? We were friends before and now I’ve ruined it.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Thanks. I just feel so embarrassed that I don’t even want to show my face around work anymore. And I’m so worried it’ll happen again. How do I explain what happened to the person I said it to? We were friends before and now I’ve ruined it.
Just say you're sorry.

E

Emnem

Just say you're sorry.
And I can do that. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I got written up for dishonesty. My boss thinks I lied about saying it, when in reality I was just unaware that I said it and don’t remember it at all. So naturally, I would deny it. But he doesn’t seem to believe me. I hope my dishonest reputation doesn’t follow me into seeking out a law enforcement job (they do thorough background checks with previous employers).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 19
JAYBOY100 Never felt like this before OCD intrusive thoughts? 😔 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
Jrick35 OCD/Intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B OCD? Sexual/violent/intrusive thoughts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
P OCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O question about intrusive thoughts and manipulating your perception Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B Disturbing Intrusive Sexual Thoughts are Killing me Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Ocd intrusive thoughts can someone please respond Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
I OCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
I Intrusive thoughts that seem like they are implanted into me Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
T Cringing but groinal response from HOCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
R Variety of intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
N Struggling with intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Obsessions/Intrusive Thoughts Making Me Sick Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Intrusive thoughts leading to fear of being falsely accused and punished Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
C Overlapping intrusive thoughts and contamination Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Mr Oreo Bunny intrusive thoughts are scaring me Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
W Sexually intrusive thoughts/ obsession with rape Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
L HELP: Intrusive Thoughts During Sex Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
P Intrusive thoughts about other people? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Intrusive thoughts and a "delay" of anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S sexual intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
R False Memories and Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Helping a friend with bad OCD & intrusive thoughts - whats the best way to do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Falling_Fixation Intrusive thoughts of suicide Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
O Fast paced intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
O Intrusive Thoughts Help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Mikrokosmos Are intrusive thoughts corelated with strong motivation? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M unwanted intrusive thoughts, i feel like im losing my mind Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Absurd2020reality OCD and intrusive thoughts (absurd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
K Is this just my intrusive thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
R Seeking Techniques That Have Helped You to Stop or Diminish Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
J Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R Intrusive racist thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
I Help, intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
B My questions and answers to intrusive thoughts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Intrusive thoughts constant anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Justacloud Intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
K Intrusive thoughts about cheating Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Resting to heal from the Anxiety that comes from the intrusive thoughts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Intrusive thoughts ruining my hobbies... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Please help with intrusive thoughts about cheating!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 11
A Intrusive Thoughts: Gender Identity Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N is it normal for intrusive thoughts to come and go ?? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Intrusive thoughts and or OCD thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Intrusive Thoughts, Thinking I Have Said Them Out Loud! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1