• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Intrusive Thoughts and Voices

one light

one light

Thank you for your help Natalie... we help others if they get involved here... and more info on exactly what meds do if anyone has any info - all helps us to understand...

soul searching

soul searching

I'm 67 years old and not taken meds in 3 years - so I know nothing about them, before I was just on some for stress and depression - so this is me asking all you that know, so I learn more, then more to give back in helping - what do meds actually do 'dull your brain' - and i'm not being funny about that, just wondering and asking, anyone got any specific information how it stops them, voices that is - its not like you can put a gate up is it, holding people off as it were..
I think the drugs help to balance the chemicals in your brain, so that it will function more normally.

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

I think I'm becoming aware maybe, that it's someone else sending me a thought form of "I hate you" or otherwise... but again, not sure. I "heard" it today, and it's just out of the blue. Sometimes I see spot in the corner of my eye, and it's always in the same place. But my vision is fine, and I assume that this is when it becomes vulnerable. I just practice positivity, being a little more proud of myself. But I can't help but feel sometimes it's coming from an external source, though the "hearing" is internally.

soul searching

soul searching

That most definitely sounds like schizophrenia. My schizophrenic voice sais stuff like "I hate you" and "I want you to be miserable". The sooner you get help the better off you will be. The spot could be a "floater" that the eye dr. can take care of or a hallucination. It's not coming from an external source-don't fall into that trap. I would seek help immediately!

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

That most definitely sounds like schizophrenia. My schizophrenic voice sais stuff like "I hate you" and "I want you to be miserable". The sooner you get help the better off you will be. The spot could be a "floater" that the eye dr. can take care of or a hallucination. It's not coming from an external source-don't fall into that trap. I would seek help immediately!
Thank you for helping...
it's just hard to explain. I think it's weird that a lot of people have similar phenomena happen to them and are labeled mentally ill.

My problems mostly started after too much meditation. Maybe it uncovered this tendency? I considered it could be schizophrenia but, I never developed anything at the "correct" age and have not grown up with the illness.

I suppose I could ask a psych to give me antipsychotics (have already been on antidepressants).

mandy125

mandy125

Forum Safety Team
hello one light and Natalie
they are replacement for serotonin and dopamine in the receptors in the brain
some of them dull the symptoms
and some of them take away side affects of different ones
i wont go into too much detail as ill be here all day lol
hope you two have a relatively decent week
all the best x

one light

one light

Hi Mandy thank you for that info 'dull the brain / side effects' yes that makes a fair assessment - Natalie, you can advise me, so thank you to you lovely ladies - when I started my power of the mind research over 3 years solid research and into self healing, I was on some pretty strong tablets before - and as I 'learned' more on self healing I decided to break the tablets in half and just have half a time - don't try this at home unless you are going to get your heads into some serious research...

I text my daughter ive cut the tablet intake in half - I still remember the 4 texts I got in return lol get back on them - anyway my question Natalie is do you ever break your tablet in half when you are having a good day or is that a no no... because I am hoping to teach people how to be stronger in mind, just 2% to 10% weekly would be a nice improvement and talk yourself to better health with 'good thoughts' - and so reducing troublesome thought intrusion....

one light

one light

I think I'm becoming aware maybe, that it's someone else sending me a thought form of "I hate you" or otherwise... but again, not sure. I "heard" it today, and it's just out of the blue. Sometimes I see spot in the corner of my eye, and it's always in the same place. But my vision is fine, and I assume that this is when it becomes vulnerable. I just practice positivity, being a little more proud of myself. But I can't help but feel sometimes it's coming from an external source, though the "hearing" is internally.
This message intrigues me - science will call anything it doesn't understand or have an answer for is hallucination - all in the head they say... I think on some occasions it can be like someones picking up on a signal from another galaxy, and before people here say crazy idea and laugh - I ask you now why is this not possible - most the times its internal though ego and thought intrusion etc messing around... either way work on increasing energy vibrations 'vibes' this will help so much for all issues, and we help each other...

mandy125

mandy125

Forum Safety Team
Update have had my injection and internal chatter is getting quiet which is what I have been hoping for.

Hope everyone is well x

N

natalie

Hi Many125,

I'm glad that the injection is beginning to help you.

All the best,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I'm alr ight, very well, I don't h ave any heard voices nor intrusive thoughts to debrief, at this time.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I hadn't been slightly well this afternoon. I seriously felt I thought heard mother call me, I was in another of our bigger part of kitchen, and its adjacant to our living room, and she hadn't, when I double checked with her. Anyway, I bru shed it off, took my 25ml dose, about 4.30pm, and I have been fine since.

Have a good afternoon, all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Mandy125,

I am just touching base, how are you doing at the moment, following on from your injection,today earlier on?

I hope you are managing ok, just.

All the best.

one light

one light

Natalie I just put my computer back on as your message came to mind, don't 'overthink' about hearing your mum or not, it happens to us, what's that you said, didn't say anything... It happens - how come one of you has an injection and other tablets then, is injection stronger - I'll be back online in the morning...