Introductions... recently diagnosed with bipolar

V

Ven8033

Hello everyone... like the title says, after 2 years of suffering and not knowing what was wrong with me I finally made an appointment to see a psychiatrist and he diagnosed me with Bipolar 2.
My name is Jennifer I’m 21 yrs old in Colorado USA.
I thought a diagnosis would be scary but part of me feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders just knowing what’s going on with me and knowing I’m getting the help I need. I have so many questions that I couldn’t directly get answers from simple google searches so any advice, input, or encouraging words would be much appreciated.

My doctor is starting me on very low doses, and I have a med follow up in 2 weeks. So right now I’m starting on 25 mg of Sertraline and 25 mg of Lamictal. Any personal experiences with these medications would be great!

I also found that there’s a support group right down the street from my job, have these groups been helpful to any of you?

I feel so isolated and lonely, just posting on this forum or having a good support group with others with bipolar could be helpful.

peachynobody

peachynobody

hi jennifer! it’s very brave of you to get the help you need and i hope your journey gets better from there.

i’m new as well, and joined to help ease the loneliness too. wishing you the best, and perhaps i’ll see you around here!