• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Introduction

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi,

Just a brief introduction. I am Nick from Birmingham, long-term depressive. But only in the past year have I started to get involved in a Support Group and from there to various campaigns around Mental Health issues.

I would have been very sceptical about Support Groups before attending one but it can be wonderful to just sit around with people who understand what you are talking about! (note: a Support Group is NOT group therapy - no professionals are involved).

As to the campaigns I was astonished to find how many bodies there are. Most Health Bodies (Mental Health Trusts for instance), indeed any publically funded bodies, seem to have a paper commitment to what is called Service User involvement. So it should be - theoretically - easy for us Service Users to get involved. This is easier said than done: the first meeting I attended was vastly intimidating. But not only is the cause an excellent one but it can help with your own Mental Health.

I am still very new to all this so I hope this forum will help me to learn more.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Nick :)

Hope you find some support here too :)

J

jooblue

:welcome: to the Forum

It's a great place to spill out how you're feeling to people who understand, and it's a great comfort to feel you can say that you feel really low and not have to pretend you don't

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Nick...

:welcome:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
:welcome: to you nickh. You will find a lot of very positive, kind people here. Enjoy!

Love & Light :):flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Allthecats Introduce Yourself 9
S Introduce Yourself 6
Prince of Cinders Introduce Yourself 1
A Introduce Yourself 7
O Introduce Yourself 8