Introducing myself

R

Red7303

Hello, I’m glad I’ve found this forum. I’ve joined because I have overwhelming anxiety and worry in my relationship and it’s starting to affect my health. I’m hoping I can talk to people who understand as my boyfriend is lovely, but I know he finds it draining , and I feel like I burden my friends sometimes

O

OCDguy

Hi there :welcome:to the forum :) It has been said that talking can be a great help, so please share a bit of what is making you anxious :hug:

R

Red7303

The first 6 months of my relationship was great, once we fell in love I just got more and more insecure and jealous. We have been together almost 3 years now. He tells me that I am perfect for him and doesn’t want to be with anyone else. He has never given me any reason to doubt him , but I have a constant battle in my head that he will become attracted to someone else and I’ll lose him
I feel threatened by every woman he comes into contact with and it’s exhausting
I drive myself crazy, constantly checking his fb to see if he’s made any new friends especially female, if I see he’s online I assume he’s messaging other women ,
When he says he’s going out with friends I feel sick and worry about it constantly until that evening has been and gone
He’s recently started a new job which takes him driving all over parts of the country, he’s been invited out next Friday to meet the team and has to stay over as its too far , I’m petrified he will meet a female colleague he likes and finds attractive
I’m not sleeping or eating very well and am at a point where I feel I can’t go on like this
I know my worry is not healthy for our relationship and by behaving insecure I will eventually push him into the arms of someone else anyway , but fear if I stop the worry and control I’ll get hurt cause I’m not prepared. Its a constant battle in my head x

R

Red7303

Have you spoken to him about this :hug:
Yes, loads and loads . I was cheated on by my ex husband whilst I was pregnant with our second child. I’ve had counselling and cbt, but still can’t seem to believe that it won’t happen again
He’s constantly checking I’m ok and reassuring me, but he’s got to a point where he feels anxious every time he’s invited out or talks to another female or uses his mobile phone, says he feels he needs to tell me whose text when his phone goes off if I’m with him 😔

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 2
J Introduce Yourself 2
P Introduce Yourself 2
C Introduce Yourself 4
Ocdthebuginmybrain Introduce Yourself 2