• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Introducing myself

M

MJock

Hello All!
My name is Megan and I am new to this forum. I am currently going to school for my bachelors in human services with concentration in addiction. My inspiration has been my brother who has been battling a drug addiction since the age of 13. After 10 years he was ready to go to treatment. He is currently in treatment and doing fantastic. I am here to get to know people and if they need someone to talk to that not only will listen to them but accept them they can feel free to vent to me. My passion is helping people and mental health is often over looked. I am a huge advocate that mental health is just as important and serious as other physical illnesses and patients/clients deserve the same level of care and understanding.
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
Warm wishes,
Megan

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
I'm pleased to hear that your brother is doing better.
Look forward to getting to know you. :)

A

Alienated

Hi Megan, I look forward to talking to you. I have 8 years 5 months clean and sober, and have studied additions and the addicted brain for 21 years. I hope your brother absorbs as much as he can, I myself had to go through 6 times before I got it. But I didn't use 12 step to get sober this time.. I replaced my addictions with positive behavior.. Education, I love sciences

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Megan,

Welcome to the forum . It's nice to hear your views and good that your brother is getting the help he needs and is doing well.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
:welcome: to the forum

R

ricko4

Hello All!
My name is Megan and I am new to this forum. I am currently going to school for my bachelors in human services with concentration in addiction. My inspiration has been my brother who has been battling a drug addiction since the age of 13. After 10 years he was ready to go to treatment. He is currently in treatment and doing fantastic. I am here to get to know people and if they need someone to talk to that not only will listen to them but accept them they can feel free to vent to me. My passion is helping people and mental health is often over looked. I am a huge advocate that mental health is just as important and serious as other physical illnesses and patients/clients deserve the same level of care and understanding.
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
Warm wishes,
Megan
we sure do need help on here well i for 1 do thts why i joined

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

welcome to the forums xx