• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Introduce yourself .

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Please take a moment to introduce yourself .
Doesn't have to be an essay :p, just a little about yourself and your health problems etc :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Doesn't know one wanna join me over here .............. boo hoo :(

mischief

mischief

Admin
Doesn't know one wanna join me over here .............. boo hoo :(
Give it time. You'll be swamped with many posts! Are there any places we can email or distribute posters to locally? The more publicity we get out the better at this stage!

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Hi

Hi Fed up (and visiting mischief or anyone else who may come along too)
Im female
In my late 20's
Single (if you should be my dream man- yeah right, probably still just a dream)
Have had depression, still suffer, but have moved homes from the south west, and my GP/ Psych thing is very confused. So maybe I do or dont have depression- but I still take anti-depressants!?!:confused:.
My usual problem is that from time to time, I can't seem to stop crying. Which gets in the way really, and makes my eyes red....Ah well, I get by bit by bit.

I am impressed that you (Fed up) can manage to support your partner, and bounce off each other... I find it hard enough to pick myself up, so Im impressed with you both.:)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi Fed up (and visiting mischief or anyone else who may come along too)
Im female
In my late 20's
Single (if you should be my dream man- yeah right, probably still just a dream)
Have had depression, still suffer, but have moved homes from the south west, and my GP/ Psych thing is very confused. So maybe I do or dont have depression- but I still take anti-depressants!?!:confused:.
My usual problem is that from time to time, I can't seem to stop crying. Which gets in the way really, and makes my eyes red....Ah well, I get by bit by bit.

I am impressed that you (Fed up) can manage to support your partner, and bounce off each other... I find it hard enough to pick myself up, so Im impressed with you both.:)

:woohoo: No longer Fedup no mates :dance:

Hello and :welcome: Louise 28 :flowers: and :thx: for joining me .
Please feel free to let us know of anything you have found useful in the area.

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Ahh we can have tea for two

Hi Fed up, we can have tea for two- even if its only cyber tea.
Thanks for the boogy woogy banana dude! And the spinning purple thingy.
Very impressed with them.
You are no longer alone here!

Im afraid I cannot tell you anything positive about the Mental Health community here 'Up North'.

I have some fellow mad folk friends in Worcestershire area though, and can maybe give them a call if there are any Worcestershire lost souls out there? Must not be too normal some degree of madness will be needed to fit in.:)

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Tea party

:D Thats a nice cuppa thanks!
Maybe now they know we have tea, they will flock to us to join in!
Same time, same place for another drink. I'll see if I can bring a friend.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
That'll be good :tea:

N

nicros

Hi everyone new here

Hi I live in the cleveland area and I am a 40 year old mum of two kids aged 6 & 8. I am happily married and a full time mum/homemaker after teaching for 11 years. I suffer from GAD and was diagnosed a few years ago when my post natal depression didn't go away. I am on 75mg of venlafaxine once a day and have been for a couple of years now. I see a health worker when I need to and have had some counselling. I cope by walking and talking with my dog and looking after my other animals as they keep me going. Nicola :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi I live in the cleveland area and I am a 40 year old mum of two kids aged 6 & 8. I am happily married and a full time mum/homemaker after teaching for 11 years. I suffer from GAD and was diagnosed a few years ago when my post natal depression didn't go away. I am on 75mg of venlafaxine once a day and have been for a couple of years now. I see a health worker when I need to and have had some counselling. I cope by walking and talking with my dog and looking after my other animals as they keep me going. Nicola :)
Hi there Nicola :welcome:

What animals do you have ?

N

nicros

Hi
I have 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, a 2 year old lurcher Jess and a 5 month old cocker spaniel Jake, Nic

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Awww lovely , i'm an animal person too :)........... best medicine arn't they ?!

5 dogs , 1 cat and 1 cornsnake at the moment .

N

nicros

Yes I love my animals, this last year has been a nightmare and I couldn't have coped without my dogs. What sort of dogs have you got?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
1 Sberian husky and 4 Westies :)

debbyftm

debbyftm

Hi

Hi i am also a clevelander..i am 42, married with 3 children 18, 15 and 6.
I have suffered from depression in the past, not currently taking any meds as this bout is just starting, and i am just coming to terms with it. Will be off to see GP next week no doubt.
Just going to post about me now in mental health issues.
Nice to meet you all :)