• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Intro from a Newbie here

jax

jax

Hi there. I am new to this forum, but not to mental illness. I have been ill since i was 17. (Now 38) At the time, I was living and going to university in the States. I lived there with an American family for 6 years there. In the 6 years, i was admitted to a psychiatric hospital 6 times. I have had many different dx's over the years from BPD to Schizophrenia to major depression and now the current dx is Bipolar.

I returned home from the States 14 years ago as i just couldn't afford my co-payments from my insurance bills. I have lost count of the amounts of times i have been hospitalized since I'm back home the past 14 years. Probably at least 30 times. However, I am now out almost three years. In 2005 i was became very obviously extremely manic. I did just the craziest and outlandish and out of character stuff. Was sleeping less that half hour at night. Went into hospital again and spent 6 months there.

I was put on Lithium 1200, Epilim 1700 and Seroquel 800mg. Despite being out of hospital almost 3 years - I struggle very often with my moods. Generally high or at times, almost manic moods. I swing very quickly. I suffer with Mixed moods and ultra-radian cycling. I don't have depressions often. Normally swing from very high to high or normal.

So i think that will explain a wee bit about me. Hopefully I will get to know some about the rest of you.> Jacqui

jax

jax

Oops it appears that I have posted this in the wrong section. Perhaps someone could move it. thanks.

S

shazza52

me too

hi jax, im new on here too, but not to mental health, ive just been diagnosed with bipolar, they are trying me on some different tablets, and taken my old ones away, like you my moods swing,, mine tho get very low,, sometimes i get so cross with myself, and because of years of feeling not normal,ive become a very good actress,, perhaps thats half the problem , most of us try so hard to be like everyone else,, but then thinking about it,, no-one knows how anyone else feels, i hope that you feel ok today,,

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi Jax and :welcome: to MHF :).
I was diagnosed with bipolar a few months ago now but I've been passed from person to person and the people I'm with now haven't taken my diagnosis as gospel until their pdoc has seen me (on friday) so I'm currently umedicated and like you swing up and down like a bloody yo-yo! Been more up than down I must say, but the lows are horrendous!

Anyways, I'm rambling! Well done for being out 3 years :clap: hope it continues :D

Hope you find the help and support here, don't be afraid to ask questions and post - everyone here's dead nice :hug:
Lozzi :flowers:

emski

emski

Hi Jax. Welcome to the forum. I'm bipolar too - diagnosed this March. Hope you like it here and get lots of support :grouphug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
firestorm Bipolar Forum 5
M Bipolar Forum 1