Internet anxiety

anxiousanathema

anxiousanathema

When I was young (17-18), I was embarassing on the internet and gave too much personal info away. Exhbited attention seeking behavior as young people often do and became a "meme" on some website for a while, and there was a lot of drama. Was humiliating and more than one person stalked me off-site, even having personal photos and information dug up.

It's been over three years now and I've grown up, acknowledging I brought a lot of it on myself for pretending to be older and just generally being an embarrassing kid with no experience doing things I shouldn't, and now that's all in the past and most has been deleted, and thankfully no one really talks about me anymore, I doubt many people remember, but I've just never gotten over that anxiety and paranoia of being stalked online.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. It will all die away as someone else comes along. The internet has many great virtues but also a much darker side. Being stalked is horrible and I am so sorry you went through that. There are some really cruel people out there. I hope you can put it all behind you now though.

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hello!

I love your username btw! We've all done some embarrassing and questionable things in our lives. I'm glad that people are forgetting about your meme and I'm sorry about what you're going through; it must be such an uneasy and unsettling feeling. I hope that you are able to move pass the past and look forward to brighter present. And as calypso mentioned, it will die away. There's always something new that's "breaking the internet." The Kardashians will be happy to take your spotlight. ;)

-Reverie

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

I feel anxiety about the internet too... being misunderstood or judged in this time of partisanship and such...

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

I think for you and for me, if you process your own feelings about your own writing it may make it easier to deal with external feedback.

Thank you so much for being a mirror with which I can examine my own anxiety.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Sorry that you went through that but also no one should be stalked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Anxiety Forum 0
T Anxiety Forum 2
R Anxiety Forum 0
S Anxiety Forum 1
U Anxiety Forum 4