• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Interesting theory..

P

patchwork-me

Talking to my friend last night who has been to the mill and back concerning depression and anxiety and basically a lot of shit, i mentioned to her that i had started slimming world and i could (and do) drink as much diet coke as i want.

A few minutes later she came back to me with a theory that i may be overdosing on caffeine which may be increasing my anxieties as its a common side effect.

The dates would make sense as i started slimming world the start of April and my current bad phase started around the 17th of April, so for now i am going to finish my current bottle of yum yum and then invest in some lime juice and tonic water (y)

T

TherapyTribe

Hi

Its true that caffeine produce anxiety .

thanx

P

poomah

Good luck with the diet, true about the caffine, but if you used to eat a fair bit of junk food then it could be sugar come down also?

P

patchwork-me

Good luck with the diet, true about the caffine, but if you used to eat a fair bit of junk food then it could be sugar come down also?
I dont think i used to eat that much bad stuff, just the wrong stuff but i do think i am not having enough sugar, i am going to get tested for diabetes too as it worries me

W

Willcat

I' can not do much caffeine...like 2 cups of coffiee in the morning and 2 more after my siesta. Other wise I turn into a quivering ball of anxiety.

:drool: I think the Trazodone I take during the day keeps me mellow and offsets the jitter juice.