Insomnia

Y

Yellowdiamond

So i really need your help.
I have bad insomnia.
I take Seroquel, Mirtazapine and melatonin for sleep. (also tried natural stuff, and zopiclone)
I take Zyprexa for SZ.
I feel stressed. I often feel wide awake at night.
The medicines doesnt help, only sometimes.
I either fall asleep like 3 in the night, im up all night, or if im lucky 12 in the night.
I drink coffee.
My Pdoc think my meds are fine.
How do i start to sleep again?

Skynet

Skynet

I have insomnia too but don't take meds for it. I know the body will claim as much sleep as it needs. If you have concomitant depression, you may want to get that treated though.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

So i really need your help.
I have bad insomnia.
I take Seroquel, Mirtazapine and melatonin for sleep. (also tried natural stuff, and zopiclone)
I take Zyprexa for SZ.
I feel stressed. I often feel wide awake at night.
The medicines doesnt help, only sometimes.
I either fall asleep like 3 in the night, im up all night, or if im lucky 12 in the night.
I drink coffee.
My Pdoc think my meds are fine.
How do i start to sleep again?
a few things to consider:
1) what is your sleep schedule like ?
2) what is your diet like ?
3) what is your daily routine ?
4) what type of medication are you on ?
5) do you exercise if so how much ?
6) do you use drugs and stimulates?

R

RJB

11:59 pm can’t sleep. I’m trying YouTube sleep hypnosis. It helps sometimes. Tonight I have mental pain. I don’t even feel comfortable. I feel sleepy but I can’t

Y

Yellowdiamond

a few things to consider:
1) what is your sleep schedule like ?
2) what is your diet like ?
3) what is your daily routine ?
4) what type of medication are you on ?
5) do you exercise if so how much ?
6) do you use drugs and stimulates?
Sorry for late answer. I sleep late.. And wake up late. I would like to have earlier routines. My diet is Kinda normal.
My Daily routine is socializing and some walking.
I only do some yoga.
I dont use drugs.

Y

Yellowdiamond

Removed The seroquel, made me worse. I take my antidepressant in The Day now, feeling better hope i sleep tonight. I think its important for me i have The right meds.
Gonna update how it goes.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Sorry for late answer. I sleep late.. And wake up late. I would like to have earlier routines. My diet is Kinda normal.
My Daily routine is socializing and some walking.
I only do some yoga.
I dont use drugs.
Yoga is not exercise just stretching if you want to get tired do a physical sport run or lift weights

Y

Yellowdiamond

Yoga is not exercise just stretching if you want to get tired do a physical sport run or lift weights
Yeah, yoga are Great otherwise. I have a bicycle that i could cykle more. Not The easiest to get into a sport. I tried running but it wasnt fun.

G

Girl interupted

If you can try to get into a routine of doing some physical exercise it will help with your sleep hygiene and let the meds work better. You mention drinking coffee. You will have to experiment with your cut off time. I know for me, if I have coffee one minute past noon, I’m usually up the entire night. It may be that your body is hyper sensitive to caffeine.

Try the exercise first. Most anxiety is pent up energy with no place to go. If you drain some of that energy it will help with sleep. If that doesn’t work, you may have to cut out the caffeine ... in coffee, tea, soda and chocolate.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

My poor sister has insomnia. It is horrible watching her suffer with no relief. I'm so sorry you have it. I wish I could help both of you sleep. All I can do is offer support. :hug:

Y

Yellowdiamond

My poor sister has insomnia. It is horrible watching her suffer with no relief. I'm so sorry you have it. I wish I could help both of you sleep. All I can do is offer support. :hug:
Im in a better period now, thanks. But I need meds, no natural sleep.

A

AnxiousHeart88

I also have horrible insomnia. It's been a struggle for about 1/4 of the total time between December 2012 to today. I recently stopped having issues sleeping even with barely any meds but it seems to be rearing it's ugly head again as of a couple days ago. EVERYTIME I think i solve it and I go a while with no issues it friggin comes back. I feel for you. I'll name a few meds that greatly helped me...

Zolpidem Tartrate 5mg: This saved me once for days with no sleep when I was consumed by fear that I had a terminal illness. I'm thinking of taking this again but in an increased dosage and the controlled release type.

Ativan: This was a saving grace for a while but it seems it's lost all effectivity as of late. I may just give this up.

Well many things helped even natural therapy at one point when I was significantly healthier mentally.

I hope I sleep well tonight after a rough couple nights. How are you?

N

natalie

Hi YellowDiamond,

You'll have to check with your cmht or GP, however, I would recommned phenagon, this can sometimes works wonders, to help induce sleep. It might interfere with meds, so please do check beforehand.

Y

Yellowdiamond

Hi. Im in a better period now, i sleep ok but could have been better.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I also have horrible insomnia. It's been a struggle for about 1/4 of the total time between December 2012 to today. I recently stopped having issues sleeping even with barely any meds but it seems to be rearing it's ugly head again as of a couple days ago. EVERYTIME I think i solve it and I go a while with no issues it friggin comes back. I feel for you. I'll name a few meds that greatly helped me...

Zolpidem Tartrate 5mg: This saved me once for days with no sleep when I was consumed by fear that I had a terminal illness. I'm thinking of taking this again but in an increased dosage and the controlled release type.

Ativan: This was a saving grace for a while but it seems it's lost all effectivity as of late. I may just give this up.

Well many things helped even natural therapy at one point when I was significantly healthier mentally.

I hope I sleep well tonight after a rough couple nights. How are you?
I really hope something helps you hun. :hug:

Y

Yellowdiamond

So i think im afraid of sleeping, its a kind of sleep disorder, but thats how i feel, When the night comes im all stressed out.

What seems to help is melatonin in higher dose, The rest of my meds dont work.
Ambien, ativan im interested in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Other Conditions and Experiences 7
Muddleduck Other Conditions and Experiences 8