Insomnia

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

I am so exhausted all day long, and in the evening am sometimes more awake. I am sleeping odd hours because i have a sick pet to care for. My medication makes me very tired so i usually sleep but i have to force myself awake to look after her and give her her own medication and food with it. If i try to lay down in the day when she is asleep, my mind races and so i never get to sleep.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

sorry to hear that, myself I never sleep during the day, makes me feel like crap, it is so much better to go to bed early evening, get up early morning say 5am, after a while of getting up 5am & not going to bed until at least 8-9pm, you'll get a very good sleep for 8-9 hours.

L

Lunar Lady

I know exactly how you feel Muddleduck. :cry:

I'm going through an acute eczema flare-up right now...I look like a burns victim, and the skin is so hot, I feel feverish and shivery all the time.

Like you, I'm taking high dose antihistamine four times a day , which makes me feel so groggy and lethargic. It's a fight not to curl up and go to sleep during the day and night time is agonising.

The only coping mechanism I have come up with is to keep myself busy and trying not to give in to sleeping during the day - I get a good night every couple of days out of sheer exhaustion! Just keep telling myself "this will pass."

I have been experimenting with 'binaural beat' music lately and found its brilliant to slow my mind down and relax. Have fallen into a deep and restful sleep listening to it. If you have a bit of a google for 'Binaural Music' on You Tube, there are all sorts of different frequencies for healing, relaxation etc.

My cat absolutely loves it - stretches out and looks blissful within minutes - so it might be helpful to your kitty as well as yourself.

Lots of love to you both x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
you are a brilliant mummy MD
it is so hard to look after sick pets i have experienced it with my maddie and my sadly passed cat winston
if you can't get to sleep rest as much as you can
listen to soothing music ,have a bubblebath
im usually on here at night if you can't sleep and nee someone to lisen
lots of love Lu x

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

Thank you everyone, i am too tired to reply individually but appreciate the reaching out when i really need it. I am going to have to lay down but will set my alarm so i don't fall asleep. I feel like i cannot stay awake any longer so a little lay down might help.

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

I need to keep telling myself that i am doing my very best and that is all i can do. For my cat, i am trying to do the right thing.

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

You just made me smile saying that. It is a great cap. My cat would not like that and be rolling about trying to get it off.

G

Geriksparta88

Yeah. im going through the same thing...i think. I have good sleep for 1 or 2 hours and then cant really sleep at all for 6 hours. This is because ive been taking clozapine for 3 years. Ive been off it for 3 days so far. Im not sure what to do, and my pyschtrist would be pissed if i told him what im doing. Im also doing this secretively because my parents think im on them. So far, im doing pretty good. Im active. ITS JUST THIS INSOMINA IM HAVING... im not sure if its going to catch up with me. I tried taking chamomile the 2nd night....and had a brief greyscale tunnel-visioned panic attack. Im not sure what will happen if i take melatonin.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Other Conditions and Experiences 2