Insomnia. I want to quit taking seroquel, and I'm afraid of the insomnia I'll have to deal with.

S

spiritfriend

Insomnia. I want to quit taking seroquel, and I'm afraid of the insomnia I'll have to deal with.

I'm afraid of insomnia. I hate staying up all night while everyone else is asleep. I hate not being able to sleep.

I want to quit taking seroquel and a psychiatrist told me I will have to deal with terrible insomnia while tapering off of it. Seroquel used to work for me, now it's not working so well. But so far, this is the only medication that puts me to sleep. Everything else I've tried doesn't work.

How do I stop being afraid of insomnia? Thank you.

N

natalie

Try to listen to some easy listening or easy jazz music, that might help.

Also try having a hot choclate drink in the evening.

I feel I'll join the club on that one, sometimes i find that on my present long term dose, my med does keep me up unless I'm not physically well, much longer slightly than everyone else. Apparently way before I had mental health, even aged 2, we were away on family hols, and I would stll be pottering about in my hotel room!

So I think, I was born with to stay up much longer slightly than everyone else, in home.

Best Wishes,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI again,

Just a reminder, i don't suffer with depression, I take my med for a diffent mental health diagnosis.

S

spiritfriend

Thank you Natalie.

Unfortunately those things won't work. I've tried everything. I'm on effexor, latuda, and seroquel right now. I'm thinking about stopping all of these medications. I just want to feel something and to be able to sleep.

madfryer

madfryer

well
when i was considering writing a story about my world i went through culpepers book on all fauna and flora and what they have going for them as to wether i would have them in my world and one thing i did come across was valerian now i know nytall uses it it is an sedative in its own right although it does excite cats mice and rats odd that it goes right back to the 11th century its uses it might be worth looking into