• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Insecure of her rich ex boyfriend

Z

zachpowell33

I really want to get it off my chest, how I feel so insecure of her rich ex-boyfriend. I’m not a total nut job. I’m employed in an 8-5 job with a decent monthly salary, but it’s still different from him. I want to give her luxurious gifts and take her to fancy trips like he used to do for her but I can’t do it because of my financial limitations. They met in some meet foreign tours and were together for three years. The guy didn’t want to settle yet, so they broke up. We got together a year after. I just don’t want her to feel like I’m not financially capable because I am. I just can’t give her the fanciest of things. She said she doesn’t mind but I still feel insecure. Can any of you give me some advice?

S

SunnyDaze

I think if what she cares about is money then she wouldn't be with you.I think she cares about you and not what you can give her.

My advice is to remember that.

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
She is with you and not him because that is what she has chosen. She has chosen to be with you. Money and expensive gifts are less important than being with someone you love who makes you happy. It's so often the little things that are the most important. Things like cooking her a nice meal when she has had a hard day, listening to her when she needs to talk, making her smile and laugh, giving her hugs, maybe a massage, running her a bath, personally I love a nice bunch of flowers (don't have to be expensive ones). All these things are little things that won't break the bank but to me are more important than expensive gifts and holidays.