• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

insane depression and hopelessness non stop

R

rainandsnowxo

ive officially weened off venalafaxine. i was on it for many years and it helped initially than stopped. i gained weight on it and on the medication i cant control my appetite i over eat. so seeing how it wasnt working like it use to i tried lexapro which did not work so it made me go back to the venlafaxine just to see if maybe it would work again and it didnt. i have been off venlafaxine for about a month now and feel awful. currently trying wellbutrin i dont know if it will work but we will see. i feel EXACTLY how i did many years ago in my 20s the reasons why i went on antidepressants is back full force. i feel it all again...the gut wreching anxiety, this hopeless feeling the world will end. im so fatigued, and the worrying thoughts are non stop. im going through constant crying spells and feelings of total anxiety like ill lose it. im looking for another way to treat this depression. the ssri and Snri drugs stopped the crying spells but id still get OCD like scary sad thoughts. i gained a bunch of weight being on venlafaxine which is why i dont want to start up on another ssri drug. im looking into trying 5HTP and SAM-E but this feeling is terrible. i had a bad year in my 20s and i just got depressed more and more and one day i couldnt control the crying and sad disturbing thoughts so thats how i got on an antidepressant. but now im off it and going through a nitemare

L

Lostlady333

ive officially weened off venalafaxine. i was on it for many years and it helped initially than stopped. i gained weight on it and on the medication i cant control my appetite i over eat. so seeing how it wasnt working like it use to i tried lexapro which did not work so it made me go back to the venlafaxine just to see if maybe it would work again and it didnt. i have been off venlafaxine for about a month now and feel awful. currently trying wellbutrin i dont know if it will work but we will see. i feel EXACTLY how i did many years ago in my 20s the reasons why i went on antidepressants is back full force. i feel it all again...the gut wreching anxiety, this hopeless feeling the world will end. im so fatigued, and the worrying thoughts are non stop. im going through constant crying spells and feelings of total anxiety like ill lose it. im looking for another way to treat this depression. the ssri and Snri drugs stopped the crying spells but id still get OCD like scary sad thoughts. i gained a bunch of weight being on venlafaxine which is why i dont want to start up on another ssri drug. im looking into trying 5HTP and SAM-E but this feeling is terrible. i had a bad year in my 20s and i just got depressed more and more and one day i couldnt control the crying and sad disturbing thoughts so thats how i got on an antidepressant. but now im off it and going through a nitemare
I’m with you here. Nothing has worked for me so far but I too was on lexapro with no results, then Prozac and sequel which made me even worse. I’m off to my doctor on Monday to probably try something new. I’ve read that ketamine will be available here soon but not sure how or if it would work. It’s the worst feeling when nothing seems to help. Good luck in finding something that may work for you.

R

rainandsnowxo

I’m with you here. Nothing has worked for me so far but I too was on lexapro with no results, then Prozac and sequel which made me even worse. I’m off to my doctor on Monday to probably try something new. I’ve read that ketamine will be available here soon but not sure how or if it would work. It’s the worst feeling when nothing seems to help. Good luck in finding something that may work for you.
there are alot of different treatments to try i will admit i have tried a handful but not all of them thats for sure. what are you symptoms and issues? you can pm me id like to chat and see whats going on

T

treasurebox

Know that there will be better days for you. You were created to be happy. Create happy moments.

Also music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

R

rainandsnowxo

Know that there will be better days for you. You were created to be happy. Create happy moments.

Also music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.
man i see where your coming from but when you have major depression you dont even have any things you like to do.... its unfortunate

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

What did you like to do when you were growing up?

R

rainandsnowxo

hangout with friends, video games, movies, cars and trucks, bike ride.... non of that appeals to me anymore...

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

Oh yea. Got that and been there. It feels like nothing will ever change. Video games were a good distraction. Do you have any friends around?

M

Missysmom

My daughter is doing Ketamine and it’s helping.

K

karl7

just remember @rainandsnowxo you will get better.....ive been through those awful depressions myself and thought things were hopelesss....but i did get better and you will too, just remember it will pass, you will get better

Empish

Empish

If you want to try something more natural than meds you could try some lemon essential oil. It's good for anxiety as well as depression and reduces appetite. Add 3 drops of the oil (after shaking the bottle a little) to 2 teaspoons of carrier oil...any type of cooking oil will do or get almond oil from the chemists. Massage into your skin, the abdomen, lower back and thighs are easiest. Make sure all the oil is absorbed into the skin so all the essential oil goes into the blood stream. It might make you feel a little off for a few hours afterwards but this will clear. Never take essential oils orally! Essential oils (aromatherapy) is commonly used to treat patients in mental health professions.

Cut out all caffeine if you haven't already.

And take a good quality vitamin and mineral tablet with high B vitamins in, which is good for stress.

Just realised this is an old thread but will post anyway.