• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Inform the job centre of anti deps or not?

Y

YellowBrickRoad

I don't know what to do about this really. I've been on Metazapine for about a month. I am currently claiming job seekers allowance on a joint claim with my partner and was wondering if telling them I am receiving treatment for depression will it make a difference? I want to go back to work once I feel I am ready but I don't want to until I am not having therapy and am not on anti deps any more. Do I bother telling them? Could I be entitled to something else instead of job seekers allowance?

Any help would be grand.

Leanne x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
It might put them off hassleing you so much which would be problamatic if your not instantly fit for work, you might get the sick but as one gp said yrs ago it's a label and labels tend to stick

G

Greysunday

Either don't tell them and hope you recovery enough to get your old life back, or if you think your malady will increase, come clean and try for Incapacity Benefit. It will eventually calm the hassle out on the other reality

Y

YellowBrickRoad

Thankyou for your replies. I have someone coming round from an organisation called Compass who help young people aged 16-25 with benefits and housing. Hopefully they will shed some light onto it. I do want to tell them because I don't want them to keep hassling me and I don't really like lying to them.