Infected Pork?!

D

Doggo

Just earlier today, we went by cookout to pick up dinner and when I was eating the bbq, I found 2 tiny black thread-like things in there. Fearing that they could be a parasite, I asked my mom what it was. She sighed and said it was just apart of the meat and could just be a vein.
I tried to calm down and believe her. I mean the things I found weren't moving and the pork didn't look under cooked and tasted the same as whenever I've had it. I threw away the 2 little things I found and continue to finish my plate, and of course with any meat meal, I gave some to my cat who loves all meat(cookout being his favorite fast food resturant).

But, for some reason I'm still worried about what I found. I researched about pork worms and there's different types of them! The thought of my brain being eaten alive by worms and my cat dying because I was so careless makes me want to have a panic attack.

So what's your opinion on this? I wish I had images, but both were about a half inch long, thin like thread, texture was meaty, and solid black.

Am I and Neko going to be fine or are we ending up in a trip to the doctor/vet?

Thank you for any replies!!!!!

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

It may be infected. Please see a doctor or the e.r. if you get sick!! Infected rare pork is severely dangerous. Nothing to mess around with. Let me know how it goes. :hug:

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
it sounds like the veins to me, I see it a lot in meat. looks gross.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

A lot of times in pulled pork BBQ there will be black thread like pieces that are simply the outside of the meat where it was smoked and got burned. When the meat is shredded it gets stirred into the rest of the meat.

D

Doggo

Thank you guys so much for answers. I can feel at ease as of now. Me and my cat are doing fine so far.