• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Inexplicably angry much of the time

N

Nathanpaints

Just joined here and not sure I even should be here, but have no real friends, know better than to confide in family, work alone, and feel like my existence is a narrowing dark tunnel much of the time. I am obsolete, don't "fit in", and screwed myself by wasting so many years not "applying myself". I drink myself into oblivion to the extent I can afford to and try not to dwell too much on the past when it seemed life held promise of fulfilment and i had friendship and trusted people. I just don't really matter anymore and emptiness seems overwhelming.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

friends are for high school

who has time for friends with work and family obligations

people try and maintain friendships into adulthood are just clinging to some dying high school memories lol

ht46

ht46

You have to rely on yourself more for entertainment as you get older you'll discover it's the best kind. You don't need to feel guilty about the past you haven't killed anyone the whole growing up thing is a mind [email protected]#k freedom is in independence you can find this in yourself, the way we interpret the past are just theories for which there are millions, just take a load off and enjoy your independence.

ht46

ht46

and you might have to cut out or change your poison, bourbon and beer can make us depressed, white whine makes me wanna party like lady gaga, but if you're just getting more and more depressed from drinking you need a break get your head right.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Just joined here and not sure I even should be here, but have no real friends, know better than to confide in family, work alone, and feel like my existence is a narrowing dark tunnel much of the time. I am obsolete, don't "fit in", and screwed myself by wasting so many years not "applying myself". I drink myself into oblivion to the extent I can afford to and try not to dwell too much on the past when it seemed life held promise of fulfilment and i had friendship and trusted people. I just don't really matter anymore and emptiness seems overwhelming.
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :) It's great to have you here and thank you for sharing some of your story, it takes real courage to do so. :) Personally I don't think you'll find the answers you are looking for in a glass, but I know it can numb some of the pain. It is absolutely amazing to talk and to share. Please give us a little more insight into how you are feeling and thank you once again for your time and your post. :)