• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Incredibly worried friend - need advice

M

Minimac

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have joined as one of my oldest friends has just be diagnosed bipolar. She is experiencing her first Manic / psychotic episode whilst in America and myself and other friends and family are trying to help her from back in the UK. She is delusional and making very very bad decisions, ones that when she is normal she would never make and do. She has got married to a complete stranger and keeps delaying her return home. The guy is telling her she is not unwell, even though she was sectioned for 18 days and told she was psychotic and left being manic but thankfully with medication.

For now all of her friends and family have been going along with what she is saying so we don't upset her and encourage her to come back home. We are hoping she is flying back this Thursday. My question here is when someone is in a manic state can they be reasoned with at all? We have tried with my friend but it doesn't seem to make any difference. She doesn't think she is unwell and this guy is backing her up.

I am scared worried and at a complete loss as what to do. She has booked a venue for a blessing back her in Scotland for a months time and expects us to be bridesmaids and for people to support this new marriage. I can assure you she is not acting rationally and not like herself at all. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

D

DELATEXT

Medical

Some how get your friend to a doctor asap !!!
She needs urgent help by the sounds of it ??

:(:(:(:(

M

Minimac

She had been in hospital in America, however the new husband had decided that she was absolutely fine and got her out of there as fast as he could. She is coming home on Thursday and we are all going to do everything we can to get her to see her doctor. Just feeling very powerless right now to help her :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Bipolar Forum 16