• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Increasing headaches and weird feelings, Im really really afraid of a brain tumor.

H

HYPERION

Hi, so i have had anxiety since the beginning of 2021 and at first, It went from very very very severe heart failure anxiety (cardiophobia), to brain tumor anxiety now. Ever since i got brain tumor anxiety, I have had a lot more headaches around the left part of my head and that really scares me. I have no more symptoms other than the headaches and occasional weird sensations on the face that last me a few seconds. I am still a teenager (Not for long though), i should be young and healthy and not have to deal with this stuff, what can i do and should i worry about this? I also cough and that gives me a bit of a headache. What can i do?

B

blueeyesblondehair

Hiya :) I’ve had this when I was a similar age. I actually think it’s part of growing up, and starting to understand what’s normal for your body. You’ll start to feel more aches and pains and random little things. Even to this day I honestly feel little bumps and think ‘5 years ago I’d have been at the doctors about this’. For right now though, as much as I’m sure my wisdom is solid ;-) Try to focus on facts. You say yourself you have no other symptoms. If it was a tunour, you’d have other symptoms. Google is not a medical expert, don’t listen to it. Also, reach out to me if you need :)

Michelle Kelly

Michelle Kelly

Brain cancer in young adults in very very rare and believe me when I say that being anxious about your health can make you feel symptoms that are being caused by or made worse by your anxiety rather than anything serious.

My life long anxiety has given me chests pains, headaches, fatigue and toilet troubles and yet some weeks I don't have any physical pains at all, which would rule out things such as cancer and imply that my anxiety is making more minor problems feel worse.

If your symptoms last a long time, then see a doctor if you feel the need but you're unlikely to be suffering from anything serious.

B

blueeyesblondehair

Brain cancer in young adults in very very rare and believe me when I say that being anxious about your health can make you feel symptoms that are being caused by or made worse by your anxiety rather than anything serious.

My life long anxiety has given me chests pains, headaches, fatigue and toilet troubles and yet some weeks I don't have any physical pains at all, which would rule out things such as cancer and imply that my anxiety is making more minor problems feel worse.

If your symptoms last a long time, then see a doctor if you feel the need but you're unlikely to be suffering from anything serious.
Great advice - said it better than I tried to :)

O

Oreocat5393

Hi, so i have had anxiety since the beginning of 2021 and at first, It went from very very very severe heart failure anxiety (cardiophobia), to brain tumor anxiety now. Ever since i got brain tumor anxiety, I have had a lot more headaches around the left part of my head and that really scares me. I have no more symptoms other than the headaches and occasional weird sensations on the face that last me a few seconds. I am still a teenager (Not for long though), i should be young and healthy and not have to deal with this stuff, what can i do and should i worry about this? I also cough and that gives me a bit of a headache. What can i do?
I completely understand what you are going through. I had brain tumor/ aneurysm anxiety for a while. Now I’m super focused on my heart. It’s hard when physical symptoms take over. As I’m still struggling myself all I can say is it does get better. Therapy helps. Also, I did this thing where I took my watch with my heart rate off for the day. I think distractions and not having things that help you hyper focus on it helps.

H

HYPERION

I completely understand what you are going through. I had brain tumor/ aneurysm anxiety for a while. Now I’m super focused on my heart. It’s hard when physical symptoms take over. As I’m still struggling myself all I can say is it does get better. Therapy helps. Also, I did this thing where I took my watch with my heart rate off for the day. I think distractions and not having things that help you hyper focus on it helps.
Bro when i had heart anxiety ever single day i had chest pains, tight chests and heart palpitations. When i learnt that left arm pain was a big sign i developed it and guess what. It all vanished once i had some tests that came negative and i learnt that nothing was wrong.

H

HYPERION

Hiya :) I’ve had this when I was a similar age. I actually think it’s part of growing up, and starting to understand what’s normal for your body. You’ll start to feel more aches and pains and random little things. Even to this day I honestly feel little bumps and think ‘5 years ago I’d have been at the doctors about this’. For right now though, as much as I’m sure my wisdom is solid ;-) Try to focus on facts. You say yourself you have no other symptoms. If it was a tunour, you’d have other symptoms. Google is not a medical expert, don’t listen to it. Also, reach out to me if you need :)
Hiya, thanks for reaching out. Yeah i dont know what it is at this age that has caused me this much. You know I'm only a teen, I shouldn't be dealing with this stuff at such an age. Right now i should be built like a tank, no pains no aches. But ever since i had brain tumor anxiety now i have constant daily headaches. They are all minor, no serious pain but they just really really annoy me. Headaches were always my kryptonite and now i get them daily. So it really sucks man

B

blueeyesblondehair

Hiya, thanks for reaching out. Yeah i dont know what it is at this age that has caused me this much. You know I'm only a teen, I shouldn't be dealing with this stuff at such an age. Right now i should be built like a tank, no pains no aches. But ever since i had brain tumor anxiety now i have constant daily headaches. They are all minor, no serious pain but they just really really annoy me. Headaches were always my kryptonite and now i get them daily. So it really sucks man
I know exactly where you’re coming from mate. The fact that you’re even referencing the fact it’s anxiety is a massive step. At your age I’d have something similar and nobody could convince me it might be anxiety - I just wouldn’t entertain the matter. My advice to you would be to keep a check on it and make sure it doesn’t turn into something more generalised or serious. Maybe go to the doctor and instead of talking about the fact you think you have a tumour, talk about the fact you think you have health anxiety. You’ll get the benefit that she or he will talk about your symptoms which might help rest your mind (and possibly even stop the headaches associated to anxiety) and they’ll discuss ways you can treat your anxiety.

H

HYPERION

I know exactly where you’re coming from mate. The fact that you’re even referencing the fact it’s anxiety is a massive step. At your age I’d have something similar and nobody could convince me it might be anxiety - I just wouldn’t entertain the matter. My advice to you would be to keep a check on it and make sure it doesn’t turn into something more generalised or serious. Maybe go to the doctor and instead of talking about the fact you think you have a tumour, talk about the fact you think you have health anxiety. You’ll get the benefit that she or he will talk about your symptoms which might help rest your mind (and possibly even stop the headaches associated to anxiety) and they’ll discuss ways you can treat your anxiety.
Thank you for sharing this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the doctors office will be an option. My parents already took me multiple times for my heart, and they said to me they would not take me to the doctors over minor aches and pains

B

blueeyesblondehair

Where abouts in the world are you? I’m UK and im guessing you’re USA, so I don’t really know what’s on offer out there. I also don’t know how old you are. But, are there any charities who you can reach out to? Either way, I’ll be here for as long as you need. This site has helped me to be able to come out to my parents today. I don’t think I’d have been able to without it. So I’m paying it forward and I’ll be there whenever you need to talk