• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

increased anxiety over current world state.

T

TS3

Hello,

i have a would like to know other peoples exsperiences on issues i am having with Anxiety.

firstly some background: its been a few years (2014) since i was diagnosed and treated for Anxiety, from that time till about 1 year ago ive seen two therapists and been on medication, all of this has gone well and i would say i am in a comfortable place with my mental health. i still worry probly excessively in comparison to the average person and still have anxiety over things like phone calls but can perform such tasks if needed with a bit of prep. However lately with the current state of the world (i will not mention it but its health related) i have found myself having anxiety symptoms similar to the times i was at my worse in the state of mental health. last night i had a short pannic attack which has been my first one in about two years.

my question is has anyone else found themselves going from a state of having a grip on their anxiety to a dramatic uncontrollable drop due to the current state of affairs? one of my very early triggers was the news in general which i try to cut out as much as possible and have worked on with both therapists but recently due to constant updates and media i feel that this as a signifcant trigger has come back, i am not trigger by health related things at all but its hard for me goig from a comfortable state to an uncontrolable state in such a short space of time.

any exsperience or helpful advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bipolarbear2

Bipolarbear2

I think we're all very anxious in this climate. Can you contact your old therapist?

I'm sure there are techniques you've been thought to get through anxious moments. If not they're are lots of helpful tips on this site. On YouTube too.

For myself, I use relaxation videos on YouTube most days. I'm keeping in contact with my family and friends. Video calls are great. It makes me feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

P

PurpleBloom

Hi TS3

I am similar. I have only had low level anxiety for some time, although there have been periods in the past where it has been out of control. However since about 10 days ago when I realised this situation is serious the anxiety has spiralled out of control. I just feel fear and adrenaline surging through my body almost all the time. It's a terrible feeling and not helpful at all. I do manage to dial it down at times with deep breathing and trying to tell myself it is just an unhelpful feeling and I don't have to engage with it. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon x

T

TS3

thank you for the replies.

im not really sure ild be able to contact my old therapist but i thinl trying to find tip and techniques online and proactively using them will be useful.

its nice to hear that its not just me going from comfortable to out of control due to the current state of things, i can really rationalise things after the fact with everything i remeber from my old therapy sessions but im very rusty on what to do during a pannic attack.

thank you

M

mkqq

I'm going through the same thing. It really sucks and I don't know when it's going to end.

Had a fever 3 weeks ago but I've been non-stop Googling symptoms ever since. In the past 2 weeks I've had countless sleepless nights and for the last 3 nights I've been waking up feeling slightly short of breath due to anxiety.

Now I need mild medication to sleep. Otherwise I feel like my body will be destroyed if I carry on not sleeping.

I just believe that one day this will be over and we can look back on it and learn from the experience,

T

TS3

I'm going through the same thing. It really sucks and I don't know when it's going to end.

Had a fever 3 weeks ago but I've been non-stop Googling symptoms ever since. In the past 2 weeks I've had countless sleepless nights and for the last 3 nights I've been waking up feeling slightly short of breath due to anxiety.

Now I need mild medication to sleep. Otherwise I feel like my body will be destroyed if I carry on not sleeping.

I just believe that one day this will be over and we can look back on it and learn from the experience,
i feel like sleep is such an important componant with anxiety. My anxiety has never manifested as sleepless nights but i do have to prepare myself well before bed and do a few things to stop my mind racing at night.

i hope that you start to sleep better !

Bipolarbear2

Bipolarbear2

I'm bipolar and had been coping up until 3 weeks ago. Other stuff from my past have resurfaced and my mind started racing and over thinking and I just couldn't stop it. Luckily my doctor(gp) is aware of my highs and lows do she gave me 2mg valium that night and then halving them over a week. I'm having some weepy days but I feel like I'm also sorting my head out a bit. I'm talking to family members about things in our past. I'm beginning to feel better. I don't think I could've went on without that valium to sleep. I felt like I was going insane?!

I have an appt with my psychiatrist tomorrow so if you want to know how I get on, send me a reply. 😊

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Anxiety Forum 1
O Anxiety Forum 12
T Anxiety Forum 5
M Anxiety Forum 8
R Anxiety Forum 2