Increase in pregabalin

H

Helen1960

Okay. I've been suffering from anxiety for 5 years now. I'm on lamotrogine, venlafaxine and propanolol. The anxiety has been getting worse and last September the Doctor gave me pregabalin at 300mg. It eased the anxiety considerably until about 6 weeks ago. Since then things have deteriorated.

Yesterday I had my pregabalin increased to 600mg. So. Is this likely to work, do you think?

I have been on venlafaxine since 2002 when it got me out of a severe depression.

Any ideas on this would be most welcome.

N

natalie

Hi Helen1960,

The only way to find this out, is by asking your doctor or p doc, if they think it will work at this level of dose.

I happen to have been placed on a low dose of 50ml twice a day, admittedly I was away on holiday and with a bad cold and coughing, so I was pulled mentally right down to about 40 %, however, now that I am well again, and i can say, even on a low dose, I am much better again, on Pregablin, at 50ml twice a day. I hadn't realised, even at 300ml, and you are now on 600 ml, that it went to such high doses.

Once again, the best way forward is to ask the one who increased the dose from 300ml, to 600ml.

H

Helen1960

Thanks Natalie. The doctor seems optimistic. It's me. I want certainties! Typical with anxiety.

What is positive is the fact that new meds are been found regularly. Two of my meds have only been available in the last 15 years. Sounds a long time but for lifelong sufferers like me it is important.
Again thanks for replying.

Helen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1