• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

inconsistent panic attacks

C

cally75

Hey all
So today has been pretty good.

I walked to town & back to my probation appointment with no panics at all.
This is doing my head in! How can one day be so different from the next?! Yesterday I couldn't get out the house & today walked a good 4 miles no problem, never even thought about it.

Grrr! Pissing me off. Why can my brain not just be consistent?!
And I never took my meds this morning.
Making me think, hang on...maybe them that's causing it? Calls for a scientific experiment. Gonna just not take them for a few days & see what tomorrow brings.

Today I feel...healthy & normal!

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello buddy, is it ok and safe to go off your meds for a few days and then start them up again? Please be careful.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

This happens to me too Cally. I know the triggers for the risk of a major panic but sometimes it doesn’t materialise. Other times an attack can hit out of the blue.

Agreeing with Anime though, be careful with the way you manage your meds. Stopping suddenly then restarting could make your psych problems worse and could give nasty side effects. Usual way to stop meds is to do so slowly and monitor things that way.

what you could do instead is to keep a diary, nothing complicated, and see if there are other factors involved. Diet, weather etc can all have an effect on me