• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Income Support

bulbie

bulbie

Does anyone if income support is still a thing? I've used the benefits calculator, and gov.uk says I might be entitled to it, yet my partner was getting it but then moved on to ESA, and now I am very confused. Calling them tomorrow, but I'd like some feedback just now, if y'all don't mind? :(:scratcheshead:

L

lovagemuffin

income support has just changed its name to employment support allowance do not worry my zesty friend.

bulbie

bulbie

Thanks. IF that is the case, the government need to update their shitty website. Last time I was on ESA they pushed me to look for full time work under threat of losing my benefit, this time round I still have my illness plus I'm a full time carer for my partner, so it just isn't an option to apply for it. Oh well.

L

lovagemuffin

yeah a David Cameron shake up am afraid I know why don't we get people on benefits ick ick and just kill them all through lack of the nhs and ick ick poor people daddy make them go away!