• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Incarcerated

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Ah. I've only been to 1 private one here in the US, the others were public, and I guess the only benefit I got from them was that I was safe. Won't say it was great therapy or anything. But I will agree with you that I did enjoy the people, the contact. I miss a lot of them and wonder what they're up to, if they've made it through this past year ):
Yeah I've made some good friends in Hospital and had a few girlfriends who I've met in hospital or at support groups. There good places to keep you safe while you recover but I think that's about all they are useful for except to get you on meds and sort out your welfare benefits if your unable to work.

2Much2Feel

Yeah I've made some good friends in Hospital and had a few girlfriends who I've met in hospital or at support groups. There good places to keep you safe while you recover but I think that's about all they are useful for except to get you on meds and sort out your welfare benefits if your unable to work.
Exactly. I met a boyfriend there as well. Didn't go too smoothly, as we both were working through major issues (obviously). But it's just such a relief to be able to let go and not be judged and be open. Kind of like here.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

maybe you can get a zoom chat with a friend
I have recently started chatting on zoom to two online friends
I'd need to tidy my shit hole of a flat and get my webcam set up for that Zoe. I do speak a few people on the phone regularly and have the people I talk to when I'm playing online games but it just isn't the same.

2Much2Feel

I'd need to tidy my shit hole of a flat and get my webcam set up for that Zoe. I do speak a few people on the phone regularly and have the people I talk to when I'm playing online games but it just isn't the same.
No, it's not. God, I was just wondering the last time I had a real long hug even from someone. Feel like I'm growing thorns...

Z

Zoe1

some people set up their computer
so that the web cam is facing a wall
or get a ' zoom background ' which I can't get on mine

but its just a suggestion
I find its more realistic than the phone

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Exactly. I met a boyfriend there as well. Didn't go too smoothly, as we both were working through major issues (obviously). But it's just such a relief to be able to let go and not be judged and be open. Kind of like here.
I've been using this forum on and off for 9 years now and around 5 years before that on an account I closed to take a break. Sometimes this is the only place I have to talk to people who understand.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Zoe1, thanks for telling me about the backgrounds I'll take a look. Cheers matie. :).

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Zoe1, I've got a webcam that I was going to set up as CCTV on one of my Linux computers.