• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Incarcerated

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Nah I am a free man, they haven't built a mental health unit that can hold me for longer than a cagouple of sleeps. It was ok, except for 4 smokes a day

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Back home, hallucinations disappeared for a few days after the depot but came back this weekend, think I've become treatment resistant to Flupentixhol, either that or my attempts to make the ego a servant rather than master through meditation may be making it hit me with a lot of makkyo, I may have to quit meditating for a while to test the waters. Take care and thank you all for the support while I was in hospital you lovely people. X. :).

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Back home, hallucinations disappeared for a few days after the depot but came back this weekend, think I've become treatment resistant to Flupentixhol, either that or my attempts to make the ego a servant rather than master through meditation may be making it hit me with a lot of makkyo, I may have to quit meditating for a while to test the waters. Take care and thank you all for the support while I was in hospital you lovely people. X. :).
Flupentixol is quite an old medication. You might have success with a more modern atypical antipsychotic (e.g. Olanzapine or Aripiprazole).

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@On Fire, I was on Risperidone for 12 years until I became resistant to it, Olanzapine doesn't work on me at all, been on it twice, My Psych Doc doesn't think Ariprazole would work on someone with a 20+ years history of Schizophrenia, I'm going to push for Clozapine next time I speak to my Psych Doc, I was on it for a couple of months and it worked well but I was still drinking heavily then and you do that on Clozapine you will pee yourself in your sleep. which happened and I stopped taking it and went on Flupentixhol.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Hey folks, just a quick update - no voices or hallucinations since yesterday morning, been out a couple of times since.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

No hallucinations again today despite me going out without my headphones on, I can feel my depression lurking in the corners of my mind waiting to catch me unawares, took my sertraline this morning and some prn diazepam this afternoon but it hasn't made much difference.

Z

Zoe1

thats a difficult phase you are going through there Lone
I hope you feel youre allowed to contribute your opinion and feelings
in the clinic reviews regarding the effects of the meds positive and negative

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Zoe1, I haven't been in hospital for ten years up until the last summer and the other week. My CMHT were suprised I got admitted it just doesn't happen to me.