• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Incarcerated

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Currently in a priory hospital in the West Midlands for my son's due to having a freak out while on a hoboing trip

Bored shirtless after losing the bag with my meds, tablet, chrome book and controllers or I could play xcloud for something to do

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Sorry to hear of your incarceration LW.

When I was in the hospital they had a plentiful supply of books and jigsaws, I'm not much of a reader so I opted for the jigsaws.

I think doing a jigsaw may have gone in my favour too, it showed them I had focus, concentration and patience. I think I completed at least half of it in one day before I had to put it away ready for the cleaners coming in.

Z

Zoe1

I got rather good at negotiating what we were going to watch on the box !

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m sorry to hear, hope it will be a brief stay and that you will be back to better soon. xo, j

T

Tombomb

Get the most out of this if u can? U got time too see how life can be better for u an for others 😀. Really think bout it we could help u especially then u can tell others how u changed maybe by this forum or other helpful activities??

T

Tombomb

We would like too hear ur condition n situation?

L

llittlelostlady

When I was in the hospital they had a plentiful supply of books and jigsaws, I'm not much of a reader so I opted for the jigsaws.

I think doing a jigsaw may have gone in my favour too, it showed them I had focus, concentration and patience. I think I completed at least half of it in one day before I had to put it away ready for the cleaners coming in.
You should have told the cleaners to sod off.

I love jigsaws

But I also love books.

I collect both books and puzzles, they are my babies. Once upon a time I had nearly hundreds of them...I may have had hundreds of them...then I sold them off, now I want them back again even if my voices are noisy when I am trying concentrate.

I get attached to them like they are little humans.

I talk to them sometimes too and that was before I got schizophrenia.

L

llittlelostlady

I find humans less interesting sometimes...they are too serious. They have sticks up their bums, well the people I get to spend time around do anyway.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Priory sounds like a good hospital. Is it private? Just enjoy the food and chill I reckon. Obviously have your wits about you for unhinged other patients.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I’m sorry to hear. I go into the hospital like changing dirty socks. But I haven’t been to the state hospital in over three years. It was a personal goal I set for myself. It’s been working well.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i suck at doing jigsaws so if that was used as a reason to let someone out (whether they can do a jigsaw or not) i would never get let out .......

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Thanks for all the hugs folks. Got a review with Psych doc tomorrow so with a bit of luck I should be free.