• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Incapacity benefit

N

nina

hi guys...

I've recently been signed off I was self employed so I've had to pack up all together due to the overheads. My husband phoned a helpline and he filled a form in over the phone for me. I've had some forms back and sent my sick note back. I've never claimed sick pay this way before I didn't think I would be entitled as my husband is working.

Can anyone tell me if you are entitled if your spouse is working I'm still waiting to hear.

Not having a good morning panic had taken over so jittery today started to worry about everthing again.

If I was rich I'd sod off on my own till I come out the other side if I ever do....so sick an tired of my husbands opinion on my mental health.:sleep:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi nina I get incapacity benefit and my husband works full time so you should be able to get it still good luck with the claim :hug:

Messy x

sallyG

sallyG

I didnt think you could claim Incapacity benefit if your husband worked full time...do you have to be looking for work at the same time as claiming it then?.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I think incapacity benefit means that you are incable of work at the time, not sure though? I am just trying to claim myself and my partner works full time also and the c.m.h.t. filled out the form for me.

N

nina

Thanks!

thanks guys for your replys !!

I feel like you guys are keeping me sane today:scared::hug:

sallyG

sallyG

sorry to hear you are struggling Nina..hope you get some relief soon poppet.x

N

nina

thanks sall........think I could deal with this illness better if I wasn't married.

One minute my husband is apparently understanding saying just get well take your time with everthing ...next he's telling me I need a focus just get up and get on with it.

Every morning he wakes me up at half five asking me if I'm getting up.
I don't get it if I thought a member of the family or a friend was not dressing or doing normal everyday things I would know there was something really wrong. Its like he tries to deny I'm ill and this seems to be making me worse.

I just want to be left alone to deal with it get on the right meds and start looking forward one day or hour at a time.

I can honestly say this has to be the worst feeling of hopelessness.

:hug:

sallyG

sallyG

oh Nina...its so terribly difficult isnt it...im very lucky with my husband..he really is my rock in this dreadful illness..the amount of times he comes home froma long day at work and has to cook dinner because i feel too poorly to cook..or just simply dont have the inclination to cook.

I try to view things from my husbands perspective too...what it must be like for him having to live with a wife with depression and psychosis...and its not a pretty sight..lol..
Today im having a good day..have managed to do all the housework..change our bed linen and remake bed..do all the washing and ironing etc...yesterday was a bad day...my cat had to have surgery and i was a nervous wreck..so much so i had to take a valium to help calm me..and hubby ended up cooking dinner again last night..he really does have to put up with a lot..but he does it out of the kindness of his heart.
im very fortunate...and i thanks him every day for looking after me.

N

nina

You are blessed with that man sall... this sounds bad but it is a huge relief that your days sound similar to mine.

I was struggling for a very long time before I went the doc. I was on meds for 2 years until 2006 I came off them in the october.

I had some kind of normal in 2007 though I still had panic attacks and anxiety I didn't feel depressed as before.

In Jan 2008 I felt it creeping back stopped contacting my family completely isolating myself from friends and family I think that was a self hate I deflected.

By 2009 I was so fatigued and unhappy I actually went the doctor as I thought I may have low blood sugar or thyroid problems extreme denial on my behalf.

I have been so lucky that the doctor I have now is not fobbing me off and I am comfortable with her.

One good thing is I have realised and accepted I'm ill and will take any help I can.
This forum is a real life line to me.
Thank you again:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tawny Depression Forum 3