• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Incapacity Benefit Annual Review - help please

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Hi,

my Incapacity Benefit is due for review on Wednesday. I was assessed a year ago and told to keep on it for a year and then it would be reviewed. However, I havnt had a letter or anything yet from them to call me in for another assessment.

Does anyone know what it going on? I am worried that my money may just stop obviously. I am also anxious about the assessmtn and want it over and done with.

Will it just "roll-over" and carry on? When will they asses me? How does all this work?

Help anyone please???

Cloudberry :confused:

D

Dollit

The best thing to do is ring and ask if you're having an assessment this year and if so, when is it likely to be. I was taken off having to produce med certs and put on Incapacity Benefit on a permanent basis without being told. Sometimes the powers that be don't understand that lack of information is as bad as too much.

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Thankyou

Thankyou Dollit, I was hoping you would be around to help out! Big hug.:flowers:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hope you get it sorted cloudberry xx

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I've just been asked to fill in the dreaded form and am clueless as to what to put on it (despite being under the care of the crisis team for the last three weeks). Arghh.

D

Dollit

When I do mine I do it on separate pieces of paper, question by question, and then transfer it to the form. That way I don't forget things and get things pretty much right.