• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

In some hot water money wise

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I just got paid yesterday and Ive spent about $100 already. I only get $800 a month. I hope I can get a job or sell all of my clothes that I don't want anymore. I did buy a laptop that I couldn't pass up. Which was only $30. I am selling some clothes tomy aunt so I will have $43 extra dollars. But my feet have grown or something because my size 6s aren't fitting anymore so I'm having to buy some news shoes. Especially if I go back to work. There's a yard sale site and there are a couple pairs on there which are cheap. Cheap but good brands.

Anyway productive day today. I'm typing on my laptop :cool:

I'm so excited about my laptop. One of my best purchases ever.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
how much is your rent and bills?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

how much is your rent and bills?

I live with my parents and I don't pay rent. My car note is $200 and my insurance and cell phone bill is $200. That's all of my bills I think. Plus my medications. Which cost about $100 since I'm on so many :/

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
do you have to buy food? how much does that cost?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I help out here and there if I have the money.

megirl

megirl

hope you can manage money wise
we are lucky here as through the public hospital system prescription s and meds are free
anyway I earn some money but just can't seem to save its a pain
though I do have some jewelry and shoes I am paying off once that's done may be I will start saving
also lucky as have a hubby who works

S

SadieSalem

"In hot water money wise" sounds like the story of my life. :D Seriously, $30 for a laptop- I don't think I'd have been able to pass it up either. I hope you will be ok until the end of the month!

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I do too :/

My laptop works just fine :D I'm so glad. I'm going to be selling so many clothes already and I still have a bunch to sell.

I'm waiting on an email from the newspaper where I sent my resume in.

megirl

megirl

Just be cautious and aware that even though you are getting rid of clothes that you may be tempted you buy some new clothes
I often do this get rid of stuff then impulsively and and i feel quite rational at the time (yeh right) then end up buying more new stuff
I do often get some clothes from second hand shops even though 10$ here or there does add up!
Currently I have drawers full of clothes that i dont actually need!
I am being mindful that actually i have plenty of stuff.
Another thing is not going into jewerllery shops, clothes shops etc
I am like a child in a lolly shop lol. I do also believe that some of the shop people almost swarm to me
And yeh wow!! I am like what a bargain i saved so much money on that special
Sorry to waffle and its your post but hope some of this helps

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I dont know what to believe anymore

P

PinkeyJeniix

I'm on JSA at the moment, (Job seekers) And get £115 every 2 weeks, And I've already spent it all in one day! :( However the Swaroski Heart Necklace was completely worth it, It's sparkly and gorgeous! Even if it did cost more then your laptop (£50 lol)

Thank god my Medication is free, God knows how much I would have to pay :/

I think I should sell some things too. There is so many things I've bought on a impulse and do not need or even use.

megirl

megirl

Its so hard to avoid those impulses for me and sounds similiar to you, I get so excited when i buy stuff it always seems so rational and gives me a buzz!
I feel like I have loads of money but its so easy to spend it all!!
I hope you can try to avoid these impulses.
Though yep here in nz we dont have to pay for our meds well just 5 dollars for the pharmacy to dispence them and thats through the hospital and covers all my meds. If I got them through my gp it would cost 5 dollars per item, but anyway can you try and stay away from the shops. Even maybe have a look around second hand shops for clothes. I love going around op shops have some beautiful dresses and might only be 5-10 dollars per item but i still get a buzz lol
Can you take the necklace back for a refund?

megirl

megirl

My husband when we go up town he calls me a magpie and sometimes makes the magpie sound as anything with bright colors i navigate to and especially when anything sparkles funny