• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

In need of some reassurance

S

sadigali

Hi. I didn't know which of the forums this belonged in, but I think this is right.
My depression during the years had mostly been about life circumstances like getting kicked out, having terrible people around me etc. But today, I live a stabile life with both my parents near me. I'm studying. I currently don't have any friends because of a move but I have accepted this fact and that I will soon have friends again. Still, I can't seem to get any better. I can't seem to find my way back to my hobbies, can't seem to actually be here. I just do everyday as I am supposed to. I study, I text my boyfriend, I eat, I watch some youtube, I stare into a wall, do my skincare, go to bed. But I'm not really doing anything. I feel like a grey blob with no emotions but anger. I feel angry all the time. I feel angry at myself, at my family and the universe, at my boyfriend.

Yesterday I was laying in bed and started crying. It felt really good to let some emotion out. But then after 1 minute the crying stopped and I didn't feel anything. I couldn't even remember why I cried. So I got angry at myself. I started harming myself and punching the pillows in hope to feel anything other than anger and sadness. I don't understand why I am like this. Why my emotions keep disappearing and why I keep getting angry at everyone. I can't seem to be myself. I am always in the bubble of fucking grey and nothing is fun. It's so fucking annoying. Has anyone else felt this way? Being angry all the time? It's like me not being able to do anything because of the depression is making me angry. I don't want to live like this anymore.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Do you think you are depressed? It sounds like depression to me. Have you seen your doctor?

Aside from medication, whether you take that or not is your choice, but i am depressed at the moment as i often am this time of year when there is less sunshine, so i have to get out in the morning to walk. Walking keeps me going, i very quickly spiral down if i don't go for a walk every other day miniumum.

Are you eating well? Fish, veg, fruit, water?

It is important to get out and do nice things like going to the zoo or sitting by a river, if you have these things. Lots is closed at the moment but we have squirrels running around at the moment and that lifts my mood temporarily.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Need some serious advice Depression Forum 4
B Blue and in need of a guide Depression Forum 3
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
kimidare Need to vent or explode, or implode ? Depression Forum 13
Marrex A need to vent Depression Forum 6
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
Ladyfair I Think I Need To Change Meds Depression Forum 7
B Struggling and need to talk Depression Forum 2
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
D Deteriorating mental health : I need to get a lot off my chest Depression Forum 25
G Just need a bit of help? Depression Forum 24
J My story is unoriginal but I need to vent pls Depression Forum 6
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
G I need help ‘May be triggering’ Depression Forum 5
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
W I need help! Depression Forum 5
R i need to get help for the sake of my family... Depression Forum 4
S I need help but I can't get help Depression Forum 20
J Need life help, my story. (sorry) Depression Forum 7
Ladyfair NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
S SSRIs are screwing me up. Need ur experience with wellbutrinh Depression Forum 1
W need help please Depression Forum 6
J I need this off my chest Depression Forum 2
M I need to finally admit i havent fixed it Depression Forum 3
B I need help for my sister Depression Forum 7
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
ineedabettername I’m in need of some serious life advice. 💢 What can I do? Depression Forum 5
E I need a new perspective Depression Forum 2
A The need for others Depression Forum 6
L I need to concentrate on studying, but I can't. Depression Forum 9
J Need help with sleep..... What works for you Depression Forum 29
E Need advice Depression Forum 7
Mathew I need some help Depression Forum 7
S Need some advice Depression Forum 4
M Need some advice for helping my partner Depression Forum 1
wollie I need help Depression Forum 14
M Feeling like I’m lost and need insight/help (19m) Depression Forum 8
J Need alot of help starting life again Depression Forum 3
E Need some help struggling Depression Forum 4