• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

In need of some guidance

M

minus

Founding Member
Hello folks. 1st time...please be gentle

It is a bit of a strange one....a very strange one in fact, but something which is getting me down and I find quite disturbing. Basically for the last month or so I have been picturing everyone naked ( in work, out shoppin) and on the TV all the time to the point i dont want to watch it. I am a male heterosexual so picturing a man naked makes me feel quite sick...I can deal with the woman bit! ha. Seriously tho, i know its a bizarre one and one some will likely poke funnies at, but I really am quite disturbed by it. I dont know if i have always done this ( I probably have to an extent) and not paid much attention, but now im a very aware and it is very intense. There would certainly appear to be some disordered thinking there, but I dont know how to stop it other than taking myself off to a cabin for a year with no tv or people and hope it goes away :p

Please help....aby advice appreciated :)

Ps. I no this seems a bit of a joke, but i really am very disturbed by it and need help

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
help

I'd recommend going straight to your Doctors and asking for an appointment.
But thats just my oppinion.

D

Dollit

It would be a good idea to talk to your GP just to sit with someone face to face and talk would be good. Are you under some stress at the moment? I can't speak for anyone else but sometimes I notice thoughts that aren't quite appropriate more than others - I usually shove it down to stress and have a look at what's going on in my life.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Minus and:welcome: to MHF we are here 24/7, hope you will join in with the other forums too :)

A

Apotheosis

Hello folks. 1st time...please be gentle

Please help....aby advice appreciated :)

Ps. I no this seems a bit of a joke, but i really am very disturbed by it and need help
Hi Minus,

This is a technique used in overcoming fear of people. You imagine them naked, in the bath with a rubber duck - something like that. As long as your not harming anyone I don't see the harm in it. I often imagine people naked, & I get allot of often bizarre thinking. I am a quiet, mellow, easy going guy on the whole, & as long as I don't act out on "thoughts" then there isn't really a problem. I try not to give too much power to my thoughts - all they are is thoughts. For a number of reasons I see the "problem" for me as being my thinking; & so I don't pay absolute attention to it. I know that may sound funny, but I detach as much as I can. Thinking is a tool, it is not reality, I cannot think my way out of any problem or situation & the answers are not in my head. I run things by other people allot, & apply my focus to other things.

A long time ago I really did think that the answer to everything lay in my mind, & I spent allot of effort trying to "think" my way into a better life. I no longer bother that much about the vagaries of my own often bizarre thinking.

I hope that helps.