• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

In my head, I am still the same old me...

T

ThisGuy20

Hello everyone, I am 18 yo who prepares to go to college and I have a problem with weight, in my head, kinda...
When I was a kid I was a fat, chubby kid who didn't really enjoy being in school because of bullying. The bullying wasn't really like I was being bombarded but still made me insecure, you know? I had many disadvantages- physically, like on PE, running, etc.
Years passed and I didn't really take action on my look, in fact, I didn't even really noticed how fat I am until lockdown of 2020. The high school closed and I was on 95kg (even had 100 at one point). I went out every day with my friends out and in some way relaxed. A few months passed and I lost some weight... In fact, I lost 15kg(80kg currently) during that period. And since I saw only a few of my friends and no one from high school or anyone else, they didn't know if I changed any bit... Until the first day of school(before summer). I tried to get in my jeans and oh damn are they big lol. I had to buy new jeans and so and so. Everyone told me how fitter I got, like "Damn, u lost a lot of weight...". And that's how I look now, actually, I am still trying to lose some weight(my height is 185cm).
At a recent party, a girl mentioned how I look different from when I was in my first high school(I swapped school in 1st high school grade- bc of being bullied and for not liking the school I choose) and that she doesn't like why I don't say hi to her in public(I don't even know her that well). That kinda messed with my head a little bit, like, REALLY?
But the god damn problem doesn't lie in my kilos anymore(as I said, I still want to be fitter)... In my head, I don't have the confidence. I still think that I am the young little fat kid from elementary school who won't be really accepted(or something else that I can't think of). Scared that I will be laughed at. Scared that when I want to talk to a girl in a club or somewhere I will mess up(spoiler alert-it happened).
I wanna change the fact that I am being shy and not really communicative when in a group with girls(I was in a group with a few girls and a friend). In my nature, I am not really shy, when I was a kid I was always sociable and wasn't scared to ask something... When I go to the store, I was not scared to ask where some product is(I know this sounds weird but my friend was like this in my younger years).
In conclusion, I want to change that part of me...
Any thoughts?
Thanks for reading this

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Lilly776 wanting to end my head Mental Health Experiences 2
1 Though Broadcasting and Voice in my head Mental Health Experiences 7
A 10 year breakup 💔 head is all over with anxeity etc Mental Health Experiences 9
C Same sentence and same verse in my head daily Mental Health Experiences 1
B Brain makes cracking house when moving head Mental Health Experiences 9
B Voices in his head Mental Health Experiences 24
M cotton wool head citalopram Mental Health Experiences 2
S Feel like my head doesnt want me to win Mental Health Experiences 9
R Constant music in my head. Mental Health Experiences 4
R Is is normal to fabricate characters and talk to them in your head? Mental Health Experiences 8
K Half hour inside my head Mental Health Experiences 7
hORIzonFINK210 the back of my head feels babyish.. Mental Health Experiences 11
W Sick of being stuffed in the head Mental Health Experiences 2
G Severe head pain feels like brain is bleeding Mental Health Experiences 2
T Losing your head losing control Mental Health Experiences 1
Pretty Dragons Conversations in my head Mental Health Experiences 4
H Is it normal to constantly hear songs in your head Mental Health Experiences 7
C Really confused...There are people inside my head Mental Health Experiences 4
T Screaming in my head Mental Health Experiences 3
L Warning, very long post here! Trying to wrap my head around it all Mental Health Experiences 1
J Hearing voices inside my head. Mental Health Experiences 9
K I honestly don't know whats going on in my head Trigger warning Mental Health Experiences 1
K Having conversations in my head constantly Mental Health Experiences 3
albie Had another breakdown/satan in my head Mental Health Experiences 4
O Wow my head is messing with me Mental Health Experiences 1
S Wierd urge to shave my head Mental Health Experiences 16
A My head is constantly changing Mental Health Experiences 1
M Just something I needed to get out of my own head Mental Health Experiences 1
M My head is done in Mental Health Experiences 1
M Other People Inside My Head Mental Health Experiences 1
L My voices inside my head. Mental Health Experiences 13
E Screaming in my Head - Voices get Louder Until its Unbearable Mental Health Experiences 3
M Constantly taunted in my head. Mental Health Experiences 2
P Feeling that different thoughts are located in different parts of the head Mental Health Experiences 1
LORD BURT I am a sleepy head. Mental Health Experiences 2
L What's wrong with me or my head? Mental Health Experiences 2
H Big head anxiety...destroyed Mental Health Experiences 3
U putting thoughts in head Mental Health Experiences 6
W How do you beat the negative voices in your head? Mental Health Experiences 10
valleygirl Can antibiotics mess with your head? Mental Health Experiences 2
C I don't want tO tell my parents about what goes on in my head . Mental Health Experiences 3
M everything i do is exaggerated or amplified in my head. Mental Health Experiences 2
C No idea what's going on with my head, please help... Mental Health Experiences 4
J Parent who had head injury won't sleep and won't stop talking Mental Health Experiences 1
killerbeeofbees Voices in my head Mental Health Experiences 3
V Constant singing in my head Mental Health Experiences 51
prairiechick Living inside my head is hell Mental Health Experiences 1
V Somatizaion disorder - head tingling Mental Health Experiences 8
L Strange head sensations Mental Health Experiences 3
T strange sensation in head? Mental Health Experiences 5