• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

in crisis

R

riverofdragons

how do i get help without first having to do something stupid. Seems the mental health services round here will only help if you have tried to kill yourself...

everytime i think i must have hit rock bottom things find a way of getting worse.

dont know how long i can hold on

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hey,

Sorry to hear that your in a really bad place at the moment... The first port of call usually has to be your GP and you just need to tell them how bad your really feeling. THe samaritans are often a good bet just to get things off your chest and keep posting here!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Riverofdragons try phoning:

Samaritans on 08457 909090

Nhs Direct on 0845 4647

999 if you are really really desparate for help.
Alternately, go to your local A&E and request to see the pychatrist on duty.

Or contact your Gp practice early today and ask for an emergency assessment as you are unwell.
Hope above information helps.
Take care

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Riverofdragons, hope you are ok, blackdog :hug:

R

riverofdragons

thanks for the support everyone.

thankfully the shadows passed after a 3 hour crying fit. Strangely since then i have felt almost hypactive.

Got a psych appointment on the 27th so will talk to her about it then. Just a bit unsettled and afraid of these rapid ups and downs.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi riverofdragons -

have you tried keeping a journal? I do understand how difficult it is to concentrate when we are up and down somtimes like a yo-yo (me) :(

Try reflecting and writting down how the past couple of days have been if that is at all possible. Then take along your notes with you when you go on the 27th.

This works for me with my Cpn as we always have a start topic and then I can open up a lot easier if you know what I mean.

Do keep posting and let us know how you are, take care :hug:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi riverofdragons how are you today?

Hope you are feeling a little better? :)

R

riverofdragons

hi, thanks for asking. wish i had better news.....

started to get sensory hallucinations again while i was at work last night..bit scary.

Had a bad night, was late for work this morning coz i overslept, then fell on the leaves getting into the car. I have pulled my neck and back and bashed my elbow. Elbow is now purple but at least the swelling has gone done...it hurts !:cry:

Lastly i started hearing voices saying my name over and over as i was getting ready to leave work. Held it together, telling myself its not real and trying to appear normal to everyone around me.

So now just crashing out on the sofa with painkillers and a blanket, feeling sorry for myself.

apart from that, im good thanks(y)

Q

quality factor

Hi riverofdragons, sorry to hear about your fall,hope it mends soon.
You did well to hold on in there at work...many a time its difficult to keep going when you're feeling bad mentally..makes for a tense time.
I think back to my teaching days when felt dreadful mentally with 30 kids all wanting my attention, no wonder I broke down in the end.Its such a strain trying to 'appear' your old self.:tea:

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
I know what you mean about having to seem OK. I work in healthcare and every time I go to work I put on the mask and to everyone I'm in charge of everything, calm in a crisis and always supportive......if only they knew. It's so exhausting keeping the mask in place, I'd really like just to be me but I'm not sure I know who I really am anymore.

Anyway I'm really sorry that your having a bad time of it at the moment Riverofdragons, I hope you get some rest. Take care. :hug: