• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

In a really bad affair

L

lisatori32

I’ve always known I was depressed and had anxiety but I recently was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I’ve been switching between a few medications and nothing works so I started smoking weed instead. Being isolated in quarantine depleted me completely. I was scared of being alone and so depressed so smoking helped me. Anyway, I have found myself doing more crazy irrational things lately and not caring about the consequences. The more I read about bipolar disorder the more symptoms I notice in myself and I’m scared. Particularly about the worst situation I got into over the summer. I slept with someone who is in a relationship and even worse he’s in a relationship with someone very very close to me. Now I’m in love with him but I’m not dumb enough to think we’d be together. His girlfriend is someone I can’t cut out of my life even if I wanted to (trust me). And even worse, she’s afraid she’s pregnant. So I just need advice on how to live with this. How to live with myself, how to endure their relationship when I’m around them, how to not ruin things. I’ve been emotionally abused and used by so many people my moral compass is off. My mental state is depleted and I’m almost at my last straw. The old me would’ve never gotten into this situation but bipolar me says otherwise. I just need someone to give me advice on how I’m supposed to continue on when I’m in an impossible position.

Z

Zoe1

hi lis welcome

why do you have to be around them if they are in a relationship ?
one of the main ways of getting over someone
is to keep a distance , spend time with your friends
and go to different places

:grouphug:

D

Deleted member 93850

I’ve always known I was depressed and had anxiety but I recently was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I’ve been switching between a few medications and nothing works so I started smoking weed instead. Being isolated in quarantine depleted me completely. I was scared of being alone and so depressed so smoking helped me. Anyway, I have found myself doing more crazy irrational things lately and not caring about the consequences. The more I read about bipolar disorder the more symptoms I notice in myself and I’m scared. Particularly about the worst situation I got into over the summer. I slept with someone who is in a relationship and even worse he’s in a relationship with someone very very close to me. Now I’m in love with him but I’m not dumb enough to think we’d be together. His girlfriend is someone I can’t cut out of my life even if I wanted to (trust me). And even worse, she’s afraid she’s pregnant. So I just need advice on how to live with this. How to live with myself, how to endure their relationship when I’m around them, how to not ruin things. I’ve been emotionally abused and used by so many people my moral compass is off. My mental state is depleted and I’m almost at my last straw. The old me would’ve never gotten into this situation but bipolar me says otherwise. I just need someone to give me advice on how I’m supposed to continue on when I’m in an impossible position.
I'm not a monogamous type of person or one for traditional relationships. Life would be less complicated if jealousy didn't exist. I've had 3 gf at once and one of them was married. Nowadays, at least where I live, non traditional relationships are more common.

Is you friend the jealous type? Have you thought about expressing your feelings to her? I never told my gf husband I was having an affair with his wife, even though I'm 99% sure he knew. I wasn't bother with it either and saw them daily.

Eventually they will find out or suspect something is going on and could point blank ask you or him. If you're both master lairs then don't worry about it. Typically that's not the case so need to figure your course of action.